Mt. Brook High School is a top rated, public school located in Mountain Brook, AL. It has 1,073 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Mt. Brook High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A167 Students
- A162 Students
- A+81 Students
- A+76 Students
- A61 Students
- A-60 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+48 Students
- A47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Mt. Brook High School
- A+Vestavia Hills High School
- Vestavia Hills City Schools, AL
- 225 reviews
- AOak Mt. High School
- Shelby County Schools, AL
- 250 reviews
- A+Spain Park High School
- Hoover City Schools, AL
- 213 reviews
- AHewitt-Trussville High School
- Trussville City Schools, AL
- 194 reviews
Mt. Brook High School Reviews
I would be lying if I said that the education I was getting was anything less than exceptional. However, the social pressure and tension at this school create a very exclusive environment. For example, it seems like if you don't make the right friends in kindergarten then you have screwed yourself over socially until you graduate from high school. If you are not already friends with a group of people, it is impossible to become friends with them no matter what you do. Yes, there are many people who are friendly, however, it never goes beyond a hallway acquaintance. Overall, it is very easy to feel like an outsider if you are a first generation student at this school.
Most teachers at my school are very knowledgeable and act professionally and are very personable, thus making it easier to talk to them and go to them for help. There are a few exceptions to this. I have encountered a couple teachers who feel threatened and/or insulted when you propose your own ideas or say that you don't understand the subject matter because of how they are explaining it or that you are confused. Granted, this has happened very few times, however, it HAS happened. Overall, the teachers at my school are respectful of my time inside and out of the classroom and are willing to work with me when I need help.
Mountain Brook High School is a great High School which offers outstanding education and the best teachers who give endless opportunities to their students in order for them to succeed.