Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Mt. Brook High School is a top rated, public school located in Mountain Brook, AL. It has 1,059 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Mt. Brook High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A210 Students
- A200 Students
- A+92 Students
- A+87 Students
- A-76 Students
- A67 Students
- A+55 Students
- A53 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Mt. Brook High School
- A+Vestavia Hills High School
- Vestavia Hills City Schools, AL
- 252 reviews
- AOak Mt. High School
- Shelby County Schools, AL
- 282 reviews
- A+Spain Park High School
- Hoover City Schools, AL
- 249 reviews
- AHewitt-Trussville High School
- Trussville City Schools, AL
- 235 reviews
Mt. Brook High School Reviews
MBHS/MBJH are good schools for academics only. WARNING: if your kid is poor, LGBTQ, POC, or even remotely different, please do not send them here. This is not a safe space. Mountain brook students are infamous bigots. Most of the teachers are great, but the administrators have swept hate crimes under the rug for years, and do not plan on stopping. The fees for classes and other supplies always end up at $500-$1000, so even people who can afford the taxes often have to buy their supplies from somewhere else, even though many teachers will ridicule and judge students when they do not have the MB specific materials. Not to mention, one of my close friends, who was one of the only black girls at her elementary school, was pet by TEACHERS, who would make racist comments and encourage bullying. And thats just one of the examples. So, if you look at MB and see low diversity, theres a reason why: all birmingham POC families know to run like hell when Mountain Brook is mentioned. So be warned.
Mountain Brook High School is arguably one of the best high schools in Alabama. The curriculum is challenging and engaging and the teachers constantly push students to achieve their goals. However, with 97% percent of the school being Caucasian, Mountain Brook High School lacks quite a bit in the diversity spectrum. I would love to see an increase in the inclusion of many cultures and races in order to learn from different perspectives.
I lived in Mountain Brook my whole life and enjoyed my elementary school, but the Jr. High was not good... So moving from Jr. High to the high school was a big change but a good one. Everyone is great and wants you to succeed in life! One of the best high schools in the country!