Mt. Blue High School
- Farmington, ME
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Mt. Blue High School is a public school located in Farmington, ME. It has 715 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Mt. Blue High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B126 Students
- grade C+93 Students
- grade C+66 Students
- grade B minus58 Students
- grade B minus51 Students
- grade C40 Students
- grade A+33 Students
- grade A+32 Students
- grade A+29 Students
- grade A+27 Students
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responses
- Pep rally22%
- Football Games18%
- Improv Comedy Shows12%
- Musical Ensembles10%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,135 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 26 responses
Schools like Mt. Blue High School
Mt. Blue High School Reviews
Rating 3.76 out of 5 186 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
All the teachers and friendly, empathic, and helpful. They are always there whether you need help with personal life issues or things regarding your education. It is a safe school compared to many others in the district and is very new! The architecture of the school is wonderful after being remodeled, which makes going to school for inviting and open rather than going to an old fashioned school.
I had an amazing experience at Mt. Blue High School. I enjoyed the 4 years I spent there, while I just recently graduated. The teachers that work there are so involved and active in each students life and work so hard to make the students better people and achieve more than they thought they could. However, there would be the occasional mishap that showed how lacking they are in diversity within the school, and just lacking some administrative leadership at times. A good friend of mine was bullied and it was tough to see the administrators do next to nothing, even punishing my friend even though he was bullied and did nothing wrong, he didn't even fight back. Aside from those mishaps, I loved the schools environment, teachers, and opportunities I was given. The school changed me from who I was in middle school to who I am now as a way better and happier person.
The school itself has an amazing facility with one of the best technical programs in the state. The music and arts programs are incredible. Most of the teachers are amazing and really care about the students. The school itself is going downhill, it doesn't have that same community feeling as it did. If you're not involved with a tech program or bridge academy, the school doesn't care about you. They give very little attention to AP students. I hope it can return to the state it was at a few years ago, there is so much potential for this school.