Mt. Anthony Union High School is a public school located in Bennington, VT. It has 903 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Mt. Anthony Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-79 Students
- B-46 Students
- A+22 Students
- A-22 Students
- A+20 Students
- NG19 Students
- B17 Students
- C+17 Students
- A+16 Students
- C16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Mt. Anthony Union High School
- B-Hoosick Falls Junior/Senior High School
- Hoosick Falls Central School District, NY
- 40 reviews
- C+Drury High School
- North Adams Public Schools, MA
- 42 reviews
- BArlington Memorial Middle/High School
- Arlington School District, VT
- 28 reviews
- B-Cambridge Junior/Senior High School
- Cambridge Central School District, NY
- 25 reviews
Mt. Anthony Union High School Reviews
I loved being at MAU. The teachers were extremely friendly and always understood when something personal came up, leading to you needing extra help or an extension on an assignment. During my time at MAU, there were certain teachers that I connected with better than the other. Just because I didn't connect with them doesn't mean I hated the classes or teachers, just each student truly connects with 1-3 teachers at MAU. I think that is a good thing to have at a school though because when you're having a bad day, there is always that one teacher you just want to talk to about it.
Mount Anthony does not support or prepare its students for life after high school. The administration is not able to control the students and is unable to perform their duties properly. Students are not taught skills they will need to know in life, and are not encouraged to stay in school; in some cases encouraged to drop out by administration. There are some very supportive and well learned faculty members at the school who provide an excellent education, but there are also some teachers who are not as concerned with teaching. There is an atmosphere of animosity between the students and administration such as the cancellation of school dances on grounds of incessant twerking epidemics when this was not the case. I have found that Mount Anthony is considered the laughing-stock of high schools in Vermont in both quality of education and the overall character of students. I wish I had the opportunity to attend another high school in Vermont as my time at Mount Anthony was not pleasant.
I am involved with the dance team at my school and it has truly helped me gain confidence in myself as well as others. Our wresting team is a big thing in our school as it does the best out of all the sports we possess. Most popular sports I would say are wrestling and our basketball or soccer teams. Our administration are great and reliable. There is many after school activities to choose from as there is Red Cross, Wellness Club and much more including sports and after school tutor help in the library every day. I do Wellness Club and we raise awareness of illness, sexual orientation and much more. We also have a Relay for Life Team that I was proud to say that I was on. Overall my school has many great activities in and out of school that helps make for good friends and good stories to tell to your grandchildren one day. This school does nothing, but amaze me in what they have to offer because they have a little bit of something for everyone.