Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Mt. Anthony Union High School is a public school located in Bennington, VT. It has 860 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Mt. Anthony Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-98 Students
- B-60 Students
- B+31 Students
- A+30 Students
- A26 Students
- A+24 Students
- B22 Students
- C+22 Students
- C20 Students
- A+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Mt. Anthony Union High School
- B-Hoosick Falls Junior/Senior High School
- Hoosick Falls Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- C+Drury High School
- North Adams Public Schools, MA
- 44 reviews
- BArlington Memorial Middle/High School
- Arlington School District, VT
- 29 reviews
- B-Cambridge Junior/Senior High School
- Cambridge Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
Mt. Anthony Union High School Reviews
This school is lacking in diversity and it is as if it is in it's own little bubble. Much of this is due to the fact that it is in a very white part of the country, as is the rest of the state (Vermont). Although the students attending the school are exposed to people of many different economic statuses while they are all in one place together, that is about as far as the diversity and exposure to it goes. This is crazy, seeing that Bennington, Vermont is one of the most socioeconomically diverse small towns that one could visit. The school and the teachers could do a much better job of helping students understand the people around them that come from different backgrounds, and since there is not the adequate racial diversity to help expand this knowledge, they might as well use the difference in social classes between people in the town.
I loved being at MAU. The teachers were extremely friendly and always understood when something personal came up, leading to you needing extra help or an extension on an assignment. During my time at MAU, there were certain teachers that I connected with better than the other. Just because I didn't connect with them doesn't mean I hated the classes or teachers, just each student truly connects with 1-3 teachers at MAU. I think that is a good thing to have at a school though because when you're having a bad day, there is always that one teacher you just want to talk to about it.
I had a good high school experience and I liked most of my teachers and they were always very helpful. I made lots of friends, attended school functions, games and fundraisers and participated in soccer, nordic skiing and lacrosse.