M.S. Palmer High School
- Marks, MS
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade C minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade C+
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
M.S. Palmer High School is a public school located in Marks, MS. It has 280 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
M.S. Palmer High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus35 Students
- grade A minus30 Students
- grade C26 Students
- grade B minus26 Students
- grade B minus23 Students
- grade B+22 Students
- grade C20 Students
- grade C+19 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade A10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Field Trips25%
- Track meets25%
- Football games17%
- Pep Rally17%
- Powerlifting Meet17%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$14,239 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
M.S. Palmer High School Reviews
Rating 3.18 out of 5 33 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My four years at MSP, was very interesting. I made a lot of friendships, took a lot off valuable classes, and made plenty of memories. The experience was great! Being around great people with a welcoming staff makes everyday smooth. There is not one thing I will change.
I Love Going To MS Palmer. I Been In Evolved In So Many After School Activities, That Includes: Volleyball , Which I Enjoy Playing, Cheerleading, Track, Which I Love Doing, Softball/Fast Pitch Softball, Which I Like Playing Also. My Team & I Went To State In Track This (2016), Which Was A Great Experience. I had Never Been Before & It Wasn't what I Expected It To Be, But I Had Fun. What Makes My School Unique, Is That It's NOT all About Work, Work, Work. They Also Try To Make It To Where We Can Have Some Fun Too. I'll Choose This School Again Because Ain't No School Like My School. They Make Sure You Got what You need To Pass. They Don't Want to See Us Fail.
We Have A Lot Of Support, When It Comes Down To Extracurricular Activities. I Have The Most Fun Playing Volleyball Because It's Funny How We Will Swing Our Arms, And Miss, Or When Some Of Us Gurls, Ends Up Falling On The Floor, Trying To Move To The Ball. The Administrators Don't Too Much Support Us In Everything We Do, I Guess They Be Too Busy.