Mountain View High School is a highly rated, public school located in Vancouver, WA. It has 1,939 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Mountain View High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+353 Students
- A329 Students
- B+197 Students
- C166 Students
- A-124 Students
- B+122 Students
- B119 Students
- B97 Students
- A97 Students
- B-93 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 96 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses
Mountain View High School Reviews
Mountain view high school was very Diverse, The school staff really got to know all the students and the schools educational curriculum was very focused. A lot of my teachers at mountain view were very helpful in helping me determine my after high school career goals while also focusing on school work. The teachers did what ever necessary to help their students succeed!
When I first started at Mountain View my teachers and counselor were very welcoming, and helpful. I started out with classes that would help me become where I wanted to go as a Paramedic because that is what I have wanted to be since the 5th grade. My teachers in my classes from that point pushed me to try my hardest and always try my best and they are the hardest working teachers and most encouraging people I have had in my life as a support system. The only thing I could say this school could work on is a better security system because the cop at the school was not very helpful when I was at the football game and was being threatened by a student. He told me I was harassing her through the police because I came to him for feeling unsafe and the security took sides of those that were untruthful when they knew it. Other than that the school is a wonderful environment to be in.
While I had one teacher who was unbelievably unprepared to be a teacher the rest of my teachers cared about my educational growth. The students at Mountain View strive to be friendly and over time I've felt welcome. The only people I feel are not helpful to the majority of the students are the counselors. They have an extremely convoluted way of explaining most things and frequently contradict themselves and others. My final issue is the underfunding of art programs. Sports are not a highlight at Mountain View but art is. The band program is extremely underfunded even though they pay the school the most. This leaves many band students to pay absurd amounts of money just to get an A in band class.