Mountain View High School is a highly rated, public school located in Orem, UT. It has 1,267 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Mountain View High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-470 Students
- A+349 Students
- A295 Students
- B+235 Students
- B149 Students
- B90 Students
- B-86 Students
- C+84 Students
- B-64 Students
- B52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Mountain View High School Reviews
I really enjoy going to Mountain View! I feel like the academics are good, and there is a good culture within the student body. There will always be some division, but I feel like everyone mixes with each other. One thing that could better is the cleanliness of the bathrooms and the locker rooms, but besides that it's great! We don't always win in our sports, but I feel like all of our teams have a good environment. We are good in basketball, cross country, track and field, and volleyball. Mountain View is a good school to be at.
I love Mountain View for it's diversity and overall really healthy culture between students. It has never been a "clique"-y school and everyone generally gets along with each other well. We have amazing and almost hilarious school spirit, with our new "Bruin Crazies" program that invents new cheers and helps come up with school shirts to boost the school spirit. Almost all of the teachers are incredibly skilled, and the AP history classes in particular are rigorous and extremely well taught. The administration has been fantastic at handling some pretty difficult events at the school, and has always been friendly and down-to-earth.
Mountain view high school is the school I love to go to everyday. the friendly environment, diversity, and the cub activities make all the difference for me at my School. The reason Mountain View has a friendly environment is our hope squad.Hope Squad is a suicidal prevention club for anyone who needs a friend or someone to talk to.Along with a friendly environment at my School there are many club activities that any student can join and belong at.Since most clubs have been started by the students themselves, with the belief that students who are more involved in school, the better school experience students will have.There is a great friendly environment and plenty of club activities to join, It's not as big compared to our diversity in Mountain View High School.So much Culture in my school to the point that we have multicultural club. With all that being said Mountain View High School is the best school for me.