Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Mountain View High School is a top rated, public school located in Mountain View, CA. It has 2,062 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Mountain View High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+339 Students
- A+276 Students
- A272 Students
- A258 Students
- A+243 Students
- A+238 Students
- B+191 Students
- A+181 Students
- A177 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 71 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Mountain View High School
- A+Los Altos High School
- Mountain View-Los Altos Union High School District, CA
- 307 reviews
- A+Carlmont High School
- Sequoia Union High School District, CA
- 297 reviews
- A+Los Gatos High School
- Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High School District, CA
- 247 reviews
- A+Cupertino High School
- Fremont Union High School District, CA
- 449 reviews
Mountain View High School Reviews
Mountain View is a really great school in the area. There is a lot of community among the students, and bullying and underclassmen abuse is far less common than in most high schools. The teachers are generally amazing, and most of the sports teams are very good. Student mental health is a top priority. The school doesn't have much African American representation. Go Spartans!
MVHS was quite a unique high school to attend, considering that it was in the heart of Silicon Valley. I came to appreciate this once I started attending college and comparing my experience with that of my peers. For one, classes were challenging, students were motivated, and teachers encouraged a pursue of higher education. AP classes were quite common and there were quite a lot of opportunities for those pursuing a career in STEM. For those on the artsier side, there was the opportunity to attend Freestyle. This was a program that taught photography, graphic design, film, and other forms of creative expression. Very well funded, this was a highlight of my high school experience because we had state of the art equipment and the teachings were very student-specific.
The Mountain View High School administration and staff members provide great support for their students. On campus we have a variety of counseling services, de-stressing events organized by the staff and parents, good academic support, and easy communication among each other. In addition, our campus is very diverse and has opportunities for people who have all kinds of interests. It is very easy to join a club or start one yourself if you want to explore that interest more, and everyone if very encouraging and welcoming.