Mountain Valley High School is a public school located in Rumford, ME. It has 414 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Mountain Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B46 Students
- B31 Students
- C+31 Students
- C+29 Students
- B-24 Students
- B-21 Students
- A+13 Students
- C+13 Students
- C+11 Students
- C11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Mountain Valley High School Reviews
Throughout my four years at Mountain Valley High school I have made countless memories alongside some of my best friends. However, besides that I cannot think of many positive things to write about. Our current administration is not capable of running a school. A decline in standardized test scores and graduation rates can attest to that. The average quality of education a student who goes to MVHS gets is not high. Succeeding at a high level and getting ready for college is something you really have to want to do on your own because there is only a small number of AP teachers who are truly valuable.
Mountain Valley has very empathetic teachers who are ready to go above and beyond for their students. There are almost no cases of bullying. If anything needed to be changed, however, it would be the math department. The schools overall test scores on math tests are horrifying. The school is also lacking in diversity but, it cannot be helped as the area is predominantly white.
Mountain Valley High School is in a quiet area with lots of outdoor recreation. some of the teachers are really great, but some chose favorites who are treated differently than the ones who are not. Rewards and consequences depend on which category you fall in. Teachers will only help certain students, unwilling to help to better understand a subject.