Mountain House High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mountain House, CA. It has 1,078 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A146 Students
- A+132 Students
- A+112 Students
- A108 Students
- A101 Students
- A-100 Students
- B-98 Students
- B-81 Students
- A-80 Students
- A-78 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Mountain House High School Reviews
My experience at this high school has been interesting. There are some very caring staff and admin who are dedicated to furthering our education and getting us to a better place in the future but there are other teachers who are outright cold and seem to hate every part of their job. The students are fairly nice and there's not really the concern of drugs or alcohol to the majority of the student body. There are times where the security is very rude when there is no reason to be, which in turn gets many complaints with the students. MHHS also supports its extracurricular, making it easier for us to fund the competitions and projects that we need.
Personally, I have found my time so far at this high school as educating and fun. Going to school here has been a mix of learning new things, meeting new people, and experiencing everything this school has to offer. If I wanted to change anything, I would change the school's priorities. Although the school has a great vision, administrators are too worried about the school's ratings and student's grades, and not how the students themselves are doing. I find it important that the students should be of utmost priority of the school, as we are the next generation.
There is no other distinguished high school I would rather attend and be able to graduate from in May 2020. I have learned a lot from the huge variety of classes offered, from the PLTW Biomedical Science Pathway to Photography classes. With so many PLTW pathways offered and Regular and Honors courses, there are a lot of options to choose from to customize each person's high school experience. There are also many clubs, after-school activities, and sports that is available for anyone to join. Overall, MHHS is very spirited and a safe school for anyone.