Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Mountain Home High Career Academics is an above average, public, charter school located in Mountain Home, AR. It has 1,234 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Mountain Home High Career Academics Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-190 Students
- B-149 Students
- B129 Students
- B102 Students
- B-80 Students
- B+49 Students
- B-39 Students
- A-36 Students
- B32 Students
- A+28 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Mountain Home High Career Academics
Mountain Home High Career Academics Reviews
I love how Mountain Home High School Career Academies, you get to take classes that most benefit you for the future. Health and Human services classes, are for students who want to further their career in the medical field. It's a great community. There are lots of opportunities with the college ASUMH, that they let high school students from around the area take there classes for free. The school pays for them. Mountain Home High School Career Academies, want's their students to succeed in life. To better their future for themselves and the community. It's a wonderful school, and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for Mountain Home High School.
There are many opportunities available in academics and extracurricular activities. The school is clean and organized. Any issues or disruptions are dealt with in a quick and fair way. The campus can be confusing at first and takes some time to navigate. There are still the typical issues that come along with high school, but that is mainly due to the student body. I have met some amazing educators and gained opportunities I otherwise wouldn't have had. Overall I have had a wonderful and productive experience at Mountain Home Career Academies.
This is overall a good school, it is in a nice part of town. The part of the school that suffers is discipline and the English department. This is mostly the dress code, male and female. In my opinion, no student should be allowed to wear ripped pants or jeans up to the pockets. Also, a student who illegally uses drugs and alcohol should be immediately reported to juvenile services or the police, depending on the age. But the most positive thing that I have found in this school as a student is the amazing advanced math and science department. We have amazing teachers in this department. As a partial result of this, I have become a stronger math student as well as science. If we did not have the amazing STEM department, my school would only get one star.