grade C minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade C minus
- College Prepgrade C minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Mount View High School is a public school located in Welch, WV. It has 664 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Mount View High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus91 Students
- grade C75 Students
- grade A minus71 Students
- grade C57 Students
- grade C41 Students
- grade C+37 Students
- grade B26 Students
- grade C minus19 Students
- grade B minus19 Students
- grade B minus13 Students
Living in the Area
grade D minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade D+
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
No data available
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responses
- Having incentive days.32%
- Hanging out with friends.26%
- Attending Club Meetings.16%
- Pep rallies5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,566 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Mount View High School
Mount View High School Reviews
Rating 3.45 out of 5 33 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Overall my experience at Mount View High School in West Virginia was mediocre. We have amazing staff but lack a lot of programs. I feel that I could have challenged myself more academically if I were in a different area. I would love to see Mount View's staff and students to receive greater opportunities. We are a generally poorer area, understaffed, and have a low attendance rate. There are many bright students that have to fight harder for their opportunities due to our area and the things we lack. The staff we have motivate and push every student to do their best. Based upon majority of the teachers I've had I've loved it here, but I feel like I have an uphill battle after school due to circumstances we have. I am conflicted with the review because there is truly so much here that we just do not have the opportunity express because of what we lack as a school. Socially I have loved Mount View, but academically something needs to change.
Mount View High School is a school filled to the brim with school spirit! Whenever football, basketball, and baseball season comes around, everyone is very supportive. I plan to major in the arts. This school has little to nothing to peak interest of the arts into others. We have no drama club, band, etc. I would really like to see that change. Not everything in school is about sports.
Mount View High School is a place where you can meet friends you’ll know for the rest of your life. I like for most part that there really was not any bullying and most of the teachers were fun and you could easily ask them for help. There are quite of few things I would like to change though. I would like there to be more opportunities for the students there. As well as more sports and better discipline action for students who disobey the rules. There also are not as many teachers as before so you will get the same teacher at least three times a day or for the next two years. I would also like for there to be more diverse classes such as a class that can help you prepare and understand college better.