Located in the heart of Sandy Springs, MVPS is a school of inquiry, innovation, and impact. Grounded in Christian values, Mount Vernon prepares all students to be college ready, globally competitive, and engaged citizen leaders.
We inspire young minds. By designing learning experiences with and for children, we connect foundational skills to real-world opportunities. We believe students have big ideas, and we empower them to make a difference in their world now.
Explore our school website to learn about our inquisitive students and devoted faculty, our innovative approach to learning, and the expanding impact of our community.
Mount Vernon Presbyterian School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+51 Students
- A29 Students
- A23 Students
- A22 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+15 Students
- B+15 Students
- A14 Students
- A+14 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mount Vernon Presbyterian School
Mount Vernon Presbyterian School Reviews
The administration is severely political with motives. There have been multiple cases of students being caught for drugs and other miscellaneous. Students who were caught were given different treatment based on parents wealth and donations.
One thing I will say is that college counseling has been wonderful and easy on students. This review is not meant to say that the school is completely awful but it does have issues that need to be resolved. I'd say go visit the school for yourself, have a healthy cynicism. Not everything is what it seems.
The teachers and administrators challenge themselves as well as the students which creates a great learning environment. Our kids learn and enjoy school.
We had some apprehension about our kids adjusting to a new school where they knew few students. It couldn’t have gone better for them. Everyone was exceptionally welcoming. Our kids like their teachers, made new friends, got involved in extracurricular activities (theater and sports) and are successfully challenged academically.
There’s high parent engagement and we have benefited from the “Parent University” events which provide opportunities to connect and learn about topics around our children’s development in and out of school.