Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Mount Vernon High School is a public school located in Mount Vernon, WA. It has 1,986 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 63% in reading.
Mount Vernon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+292 Students
- A+252 Students
- A214 Students
- C-197 Students
- B-130 Students
- B-128 Students
- A-81 Students
- B+74 Students
- A-63 Students
- A-48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Mount Vernon High School
- C-Skagit Academy
- Mount Vernon School District, WA
- 11 reviews
- B-Sedro Woolley Senior High School
- Sedro-Woolley School District, WA
- 128 reviews
- B-La Conner High School
- La Conner School District, WA
- 29 reviews
- BBurlington Edison High School
- Burlington-Edison School District, WA
- 130 reviews
Mount Vernon High School Reviews
MVHS is like a second home to me. The classes offered in this high school are out of this world! I never expected to be offered to take forensic science or astronomy, we even have a planetarium to show us a brief history of our galaxy. There are so many electives, ranging from music to art to computer classes. The school is small, but very well protected. Nothing serious has ever happened before, but we constantly have drills and reminders on what to do in case of an emergency. The diversity is what makes this school unique. Every kid, despite their race, sexuality, and beliefs are all accepted by the teachers and staff. Speaking about teachers, i've had the privilege to meet some teachers that show so much passion about their subject. Every teacher in this school offers help. It may have its flaws just like every other place, but there is no other school as suitable to help a child feel welcomed as this one.
What I like about Mount Vernon High School is the very wide variety of classes and extracurricular activities that are available. There are clubs for nearly every interest and classes ranging from ceramics to AP chemistry, all the way to advanced foods and welding. These things are great, but the most important aspect of MVHS is the fact that the teachers and staff care so, so much for the success of their students. We're a big school, just below 2,000 students, and despite the big class sizes that this number creates, the teachers still do their absolute best to make sure all of their students get the help that they want, need, and deserve in order to achieve their life goals, during and after high school.
So far my experience in Mount Vernon High has been very pleasant! Academics have been streamlined and easy for me, and the teachers here are very casual and friendly. It's quite obvious that the staff here truly care about the students' well being, and are incredibly passionate about the classes they teach. The school in general is very supportive and open minded, even if there are a few straggler students. All in all, it's a very nice school.