Mount Vernon High School is an above average, public school located in Mount Vernon, IN. It has 658 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Mount Vernon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B116 Students
- A81 Students
- B+54 Students
- A-50 Students
- A+42 Students
- B-36 Students
- B28 Students
- A-27 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Mount Vernon High School Reviews
Mount Vernon, although a small school, is a great place to learn and grow as a high school student. The administration is fantastic and the honors level teachers really know how to prepare their students for college. While most of Mount Vernon’s athletics are subpar the school as a whole still works hard and makes the best out of the small pool that’s they have to pull from athlete wise. I believe I have received a good education from Mount Vernon High School, I think there has been numerous opportunities for me, and if not then there is the opportunity for me to make t happen.
In my four years experience at Mount Vernon Senior High School I have had a great experience. Coming from another high school half way through my freshman year, that was sub par and very un-diverse in Illinois with sub par teachers. Mount Vernon has a huge advantage over most high schools in the area. Great teachers and administration, they do their best to get you ready for College.
My experience at Mount Vernon has been excellent, especially in the last year. With a new principal beginning this year, our school has seen a considerable amount more of school spirit, and students appear genuinely happier. As well as more spirit being displayed by students and more events occurring, or school has earned an "A" rating. As far as all of the AP classes and dual credits that are offered, it has certainly given me some preparation for college. As far as schools go, I feel that Mount Vernon is one of the best in the area, even though our athletic teams could use some improvement.