Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Mount Union Area Senior High School is a public school located in Mount Union, PA. It has 396 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Mount Union Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+52 Students
- B-34 Students
- C+31 Students
- B28 Students
- A26 Students
- C+24 Students
- B-24 Students
- B+22 Students
- B19 Students
- A+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Mount Union Area Senior High School
- C+Huntingdon Area Senior High School
- Huntingdon Area School District, PA
- 124 reviews
- C+Juniata Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Juniata Valley School District, PA
- 43 reviews
- CSouthern Huntingdon County High School/Middle School
- Southern Huntingdon County School District, PA
- 44 reviews
- C-New Day Charter School
- Public School
- Huntingdon, PA
- 5 reviews
Mount Union Area Senior High School Reviews
Mount Union Area High School will always hold a very special place in my heart. I went to a different school during my elementary and middle school years. Don't get me wrong that was a great experience too, I made some good friends there. However, it never felt like home like Mount Union. I was extremely worried about transferring to this school the summer before 9th grade. I had heard nothing but bad things about this place and I didn't even want to give it a chance for that very reason. Even after starting there I was still uneasy for a few weeks. But it didn't take long for me to feel at home. My senior year was the most special to me. and what makes this place to special you might ask? It's everything. The amazing teachers that are always willing to help, the lunch ladies that would come out and talk to the students while we eat, the janitors that like to see a smile on your face, and the principal who cared about nothing more than watching us succeed.
Mount Union Area Senior High is an overall good school to attend. I like the teachers here and the students are nice as well. It is also small which makes it easier to navigate. I do not like how there is not as much art related scholarships than there is for something like nursing or sports. I would like there to be more art related things. I would also like to change the environment sometimes, the students can be negative at times. I like mount union but there are definitely some things that need to be changed. Overall, it is a good school to attend.
My experience overall as a student of Mount Union has been negative. One of the aspects I find needs most improvement is the diversity and quality of the classes and clubs. Most of the classes offered are tailored towards STEM categories, and only the very bare minimum of English and Art classes are offered. The clubs are also in dismal condition, either having no standing in the community or being of very bad quality and quantity. The best aspect of Mount Union would be the community of students. While most of the students are below-average in personality and intelligence, any new student is bound to be welcomed into a group and things like bullying and cliques make very few appearances. In conclusion, if you are considered attending Mount Union or are a parent wishing to enroll your child, opt for a neighboring school district.