Mount Sinai High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mount Sinai, NY. It has 788 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Mount Sinai High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-83 Students
- A-54 Students
- A+51 Students
- C47 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+30 Students
- B30 Students
- B+29 Students
- B25 Students
- A-24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Mount Sinai High School
- ASmithtown High School East
- Smithtown Central School District, NY
- 200 reviews
- ASayville High School
- Sayville Union Free School District, NY
- 84 reviews
- ABayport-Blue Point High School
- Bayport-Blue Point Union Free School District, NY
- 89 reviews
- B+Miller Place High School
- Miller Place Union Free School District, NY
- 156 reviews
Mount Sinai High School Reviews
Small community with great teachers and athletic programs. I have been offered a variety of course electives that are related to my college interests. I have had the opportunity to play varsity sport for 4 years. There are many clubs and organizations that I have participated in. I have developed many friendships that will last a lifetime. The faculty are supportive, kind and devoted to helping each student. The administration is visible and supports the students. We have three small building's on one main amlus. This allows us to interact with the younger classmates, supporting and mentoring them. With a class size of 200 I know pretty much everyone. I am looking forward to attending a smaller size college in the fall that will ease the transition from high school to college.
This is a great district overall. The teachers, administrators, and staff are very knowledgeable and approachable. The buildings and grounds are maintained nicely. The district offers multiple inclusive clubs, sports, and activities for the students to enjoy outside of the classroom.
Some teachers are amazing they will go above and beyond for their students and create a friendship with them rather than just teaching them, some will play favorites and pick a few favorite students and a few students to hate and be indifferent to the rest of their students, and some just really hate kids... or so it seems. They are in the process of adding more courses particularly in art. The class advisors are amazing.