Mount Pleasant High School is an above average, public school located in Mount Pleasant, TX. It has 1,473 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Mount Pleasant High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-295 Students
- A+200 Students
- A+183 Students
- B157 Students
- B151 Students
- A-135 Students
- B+130 Students
- A124 Students
- B+123 Students
- B+111 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Mount Pleasant High School
- BPewitt High School
- Pewitt Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 51 reviews
- B-Pittsburg High School
- Pittsburg Independent School District, TX
- 81 reviews
- B+Mt. Vernon High School
- Mount Vernon Independent School District, TX
- 61 reviews
- A-Chapel Hill High School
- Chapel Hill Independent School District (Mount Pleasant), TX
- 70 reviews
Mount Pleasant High School Reviews
Mount Pleasant is a great school with most of the teachers being willing to help students reach their highest potential at school, but some of the staff are not great at fulfilling their roles. It has several career tracks that can fit everyone's needs such as health science, culinary, and agricultural sciences, etc. It has many extracurriculars and clubs like band, drill team, hosa, fbla, and many more. MP offers many college readiness courses to prepare students for their future.
MPHS is a great campus. Its has many opportunities for young students who are interested in many things. There is so much to be involved in. Students can sign up for any class the would like to be in, and even challenge themselves by taking it into the Pre-AP and AP classes. Teachers are also very involved in the campus life. Its is a 10/10 recommend!
my experience with mount pleasant high as a student was not quiet what I thought it would be. The teachers act like children along with the kids, the ceiling is falling apart yet alone some of the bathrooms on the first floor are constantly out of order or they'll place a trash can on top of the toilet. To many students fight and the AP have favorites and let's these favorites break the school dress code. Poor lunch, some of the food doesn't look cooked all the way. I really haven't enjoyed my school year at mount pleasant because they are unorganized, few teachers are VERY rude and sarcastic, which doesn't help me as a student here at all. All in all, I'm ready to graduate and leave mount pleasant high school.