Mount Pleasant High School is an above average, public school located in Mount Pleasant, TX. It has 1,505 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Mount Pleasant High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+335 Students
- A+234 Students
- A+212 Students
- B181 Students
- B-175 Students
- A152 Students
- A-143 Students
- B+143 Students
- B+135 Students
- B124 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Mount Pleasant High School
- BPewitt High School
- Pewitt Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 56 reviews
- BPittsburg High School
- Pittsburg Independent School District, TX
- 86 reviews
- B+Mt. Vernon High School
- Mount Vernon Independent School District, TX
- 65 reviews
- A-Chapel Hill High School
- Chapel Hill Independent School District (Mount Pleasant), TX
- 71 reviews
Mount Pleasant High School Reviews
I liked the fact that Mount Pleasant High school is very helpful to start off your career and finding your field of interest. I can become a college student while I am attending high school and be a step ahead to going into my career. Our academics at our school is very important! We always have a career choice to join in our CTE building. Maintaining good grade and a great GPA for college and high school. Having a career academic and preparations class to apply to even more scholarships in is very helpful! Making it easier and affordable to take ACT, SAT, and TSI testing. Also sometimes having free waivers to take the tests! Even having community service hours that are available from the counselor too! With the diversity at our school you can make new friends in any extracurricular activities that you are attending in. Our school serves the most healthiest food and making sure that every kid eats a fruit a day! MPHS is the best school in our district!
Great school! Great Teachers! There are many ways to be involved. If you are not sporty, there is something for you. If you are sporty, there is something for you. If you want to learn, there are classes available with great teachers to encourage you in your studies. My kids have been in MP for 18 years. There has always been people willing to help the kid succeed.
Mount Pleasant is a great school with most of the teachers being willing to help students reach their highest potential at school, but some of the staff are not great at fulfilling their roles. It has several career tracks that can fit everyone's needs such as health science, culinary, and agricultural sciences, etc. It has many extracurriculars and clubs like band, drill team, hosa, fbla, and many more. MP offers many college readiness courses to prepare students for their future.