Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Mount Pleasant Area High School is an above average, public school located in Mount Pleasant, PA. It has 609 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Mount Pleasant Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A75 Students
- A+49 Students
- B-46 Students
- C45 Students
- B-40 Students
- B-39 Students
- B+39 Students
- B-39 Students
- A-36 Students
- B30 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Mount Pleasant Area High School
- B-Derry Area Senior High School
- Derry Area School District, PA
- 133 reviews
- B-Southmoreland Senior High School
- Southmoreland School District, PA
- 175 reviews
- B-Yough Senior High School
- Yough School District, PA
- 110 reviews
- B-Connellsville Area Senior High School
- Connellsville Area School District, PA
- 174 reviews
Mount Pleasant Area High School Reviews
I love Mount Pleasant Area High School. It is like a second home to me. I am so glad I get to attend here and spend part of my life journey here. The students, teachers, faculty, and administrators are so caring and joyful to be around. Our teachers and principals would drop anything to help any student whether they were struggling in or out of the classroom. I feel very safe and comfortable at Mount Pleasant. It is definitely one of the best schools in the area and I am happy to be a student here!
I love the variety of choices that students have for school lunches, I love the teaching styles of some of the teachers there, the administration is great, the sports facilities are very nice, and it is a very good school culture, as a student I love going to school everyday. The few things I do not like about Mount Pleasant High School, is the very few classes available. Mount Pleasant does not have as many classes to choose from compared to other schools, and I believe that limits students on their learning. Some of the teachers do not teach well but there are some teachers that are excellent are prepare their students for the future. The academics at this school do not give students the best college readiness, teachers give students too many breaks, they grade every little thing, I believe the best way for students to be college ready is for teachers to only grade exams. All in all, I think Mount Pleasant is a great school.
I enjoyed that there wasn’t a large amount of students; my graduating class was 160. This made us easier for one-on-one time with the teachers. I enjoyed the lunch options and felt that I was receiving a nutritious meal each and every day. I would like to see some change, though. What I think needs to change is how easy it is for students to get what they do not actually deserve. Students that cheat and share answers via social media are the ones that are in the top 10%. They are the “smartest” according to their test grades, but if they were asked the same question the next day, they would be clueless.