Mount Horeb High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mount Horeb, WI. It has 747 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Mount Horeb High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+120 Students
- A+56 Students
- B48 Students
- A-44 Students
- C+31 Students
- B29 Students
- B+25 Students
- A20 Students
- B+20 Students
- A18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Mount Horeb High School
- B+New Glarus High School
- New Glarus School District, WI
- 62 reviews
- AVerona Area High School
- Verona Area School District, WI
- 226 reviews
- A-Belleville High School
- Belleville School District, WI
- 92 reviews
- B+Wisconsin Heights High School
- Wisconsin Heights School District, WI
- 44 reviews
Mount Horeb High School Reviews
Absolutely wonderful Art and Music programs! All of the teachers and staff are generally very kind and many go above and beyond to make you feel safe and welcome. It is typically very liberal but seeing as it is a rural town there are a few students who are very outspoken in their hate but there are multiple clubs and committees in place to help create safe spaces and battle hate as well as stigmas! If you want to go to an ivy league college this really isn't the place for you though, with an 4.0 grading scale the best they can get you is a decent out of state. You would never be able to achieve your Cornell dreams. The diversity is almost nonexistent and it's very odd being one of the few kids who isn't predominantly scandinavian or german.
Mount Horeb's small student population (around 500 students were in the entire high school when I attended) allows for close attention from teachers and a sense of familiarity. They have a ridiculous number of well-organized clubs. When I talk to graduates of other high schools, I find that Mount Horeb's art and music department is significantly more developed than most. People tell me how lucky I am to have taken unique and interesting courses like Ceramics and Sculpture in high school. The fundamentals I learned in these specialized classes gave me a leg up when I took the courses again for college credits.
Mount Horeb High School is a pretty wonderful place to go to school. The activities and the academics are amazing-- specifically the music and art programs. However, the newer administration seems to have negatively affected the attitudes of some of the students and staff. And a lack of diversity within the area (primarily Caucasian students and staff) doesn't allow for incredibly unique learning environments. However, the positives far outweigh the negatives and any student would love attending this school. The academics, music program, and sports are truly top-notch.