Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Mount Horeb High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mount Horeb, WI. It has 759 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Mount Horeb High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+140 Students
- A69 Students
- B55 Students
- A-50 Students
- C+34 Students
- B29 Students
- B28 Students
- A24 Students
- A23 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Mount Horeb High School
- B+New Glarus High School
- New Glarus School District, WI
- 63 reviews
- AVerona Area High School
- Verona Area School District, WI
- 239 reviews
- A-Belleville High School
- Belleville School District, WI
- 95 reviews
- B+Wisconsin Heights High School
- Wisconsin Heights School District, WI
- 45 reviews
Mount Horeb High School Reviews
Mount Horeb High School has an excellent music program, especially band, but three choir and orchestra are great too. The food and facilities are also above average. The teachers are amazing, but college readiness is lacking. Very few AP courses are offered, and college counseling centers around community and state schools. Students aren’t taught much about the college application process. The clubs are good, but priority is clearly and heavily given to sports related activities over academic and volunteer based clubs.
Absolutely wonderful Art and Music programs! All of the teachers and staff are generally very kind and many go above and beyond to make you feel safe and welcome. It is typically very liberal but seeing as it is a rural town there are a few students who are very outspoken in their hate but there are multiple clubs and committees in place to help create safe spaces and battle hate as well as stigmas! If you want to go to an ivy league college this really isn't the place for you though, with an 4.0 grading scale the best they can get you is a decent out of state. You would never be able to achieve your Cornell dreams. The diversity is almost nonexistent and it's very odd being one of the few kids who isn't predominantly scandinavian or german.
The school is very nice, it recently had an update done, in which the school needed desperately. However, it is a small community and many of the people in charge have very small minded thinking. The administration at Mount horeb schools is not good, pointless spending and overcharging is common. However, the teachers there are great. Almost all teachers are willing to help and will take time to help out one on one. Overall, I would say this is one of the better schools for education in Dane county.