Mount De Sales Academy is a highly rated, private, Catholic school located in Macon, GA. It has 588 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. Tuition is $13,210 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 95% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Mount De Sales Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+76 Students
- A-41 Students
- B+35 Students
- B32 Students
- B+25 Students
- A+24 Students
- B23 Students
- A+22 Students
- B-22 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Mount De Sales Academy Reviews
I have loved my experience at MDS! Every grade is a close knit family, as they have likely been attending MDS together since 6th or 7th grade. My classmates have become my closest friends, and I have grown to love them even more through sports, such as volleyball and lacrosse. They have also encouraged me to succeed academically through the school’s highly competitive atmosphere. My teachers at MDS have impacted me tremendously as they have set high academic standards for me and taken a personal interest in my life beyond school. They have challenged me and ensured I will be more than prepared for college. Furthermore, MDS has enriched my high school experience through events and trips, such as Powderpuff, field trips to Atlanta involving field trips to the Bodies Exhibit and the Shakespeare Tavern, and to Australia and New Zealand, a culturally and academically enriching summer trip. I am extremely honored and grateful to have had the opportunity to attend Mount de Sales.
Mount de Sales Academy gives its students the best it can offer. The administration is fantastic and succeeds in making sure that each and every student is ready for the next step in education. Mount de Sales values academics highest, assuring that students can get personal help from teachers when they need it. New programs such as the iPad initiative and the movement to ban plastic waste throughout the campus show that Mount de Sales is ahead of the curve when it comes to introducing new technology and ideas into everyday life. As Mount de Sales evolves as a school, it continues to improve everyday student life in new, innovative ways.
I love the diversity- race, religion, political affiliation, ideas etc. It is the most diverse entity in our city! I think it would be a wise choice for anyone who wants their child to be prepared for the twenty-first century.