Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Mount Baker Senior High School is a public school located in Deming, WA. It has 551 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Mount Baker Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+69 Students
- A50 Students
- C+44 Students
- A-42 Students
- B-31 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-21 Students
- B+17 Students
- B+16 Students
- A-12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Mount Baker Senior High School Reviews
Mount Baker High School is a tight-knit community that has minor issues to fix its culture. There are various issues with freshman and sophomores with vaping, stealing, and vandalizing. The school is putting in the effort to change these problems but there has been slow progress. Regarding classes at Mount Baker, I would really love to see more diversity in language options rather than just Spanish. The diversity at this school is very minimal. Mount Baker is a good school with changes needed to make it a great one.
The bathrooms (mostly the Male ones) are constantly locked to student use during to vandalism and vaping rather than trying to solve the problem. On a more positive note, the school has some amazing and skilled teachers who have degrees above and beyond what are required of them. The football team is very luck to have Ron Lepper as a coach, and thanks to his, and their hard work will be paying in the state championship this year.
I thought it was decent, and it does have good teachers. Most of my teachers were very good. We also have very big honors classes which can either be very good or very bad. You also have access to the Running Start program which is good.