Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Mounds View Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Arden Hills, MN. It has 1,779 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Mounds View Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A507 Students
- A+221 Students
- B+154 Students
- A135 Students
- A77 Students
- B76 Students
- A75 Students
- B+71 Students
- A+69 Students
- B68 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.37 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.37 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Schools like Mounds View Senior High School
- AIrondale Senior High School
- Mounds View Public School District, MN
- 344 reviews
- A+Wayzata High School
- Wayzata Public School District, MN
- 425 reviews
- AMahtomedi Senior High School
- Mahtomedi Public School District, MN
- 190 reviews
- A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- 366 reviews
Mounds View Senior High School Reviews
Mounds View is a fairly good high school. The academics are very strong, and the culture is good, though the strong academics can lead it to be slightly toxic for top students. Most teachers are fantastic, except for the few teachers who falsely believe their students' success is the result of their skill instead of the students' hard work (these teachers tend to try less than others and are therefore less successful). The one issue I have had at this school is the dichotomy of a surface-level focus on mental health and community when in actuality top academic students are very pressured and competitive with one another.
I personally have not had problems with the administration or many people there. However, it was rather easy to go unnoticed, and the mental health of the students is not ideal. I know many people who suffer from anxiety-induced panic attacks and feel the administration does nothing to help the issue. I feel we are pressured to take the highest and most demanding courses from both administration and peers alike. There is also only one school psychologist for over 1,500 students. This therapist is only available during school hours and seems to be overbooked most of the time.
Great school, I have made a lot of very fond memories here and I will always be glad that I attended school here. However, by no means does that mean it is perfect. The academic portion of school is purely focused on numbers and the school administration seems to have little to no concern for the students. Teachers on the other hand have for the most part all been fantastic and seem to genuinely care for their students. This school has a fairly large party scene so be careful of your students getting sucked into it. At the same time this can easily be avoided if you want to avoid it. This also unfortunately leads to the administration having almost no trust whatsoever in the students here. Although, as I mentioned earlier I feel like the positives far outweigh the few negatives I mentioned.