Mounds View Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Arden Hills, MN. It has 1,781 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Mounds View Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+377 Students
- A+159 Students
- B+109 Students
- A102 Students
- B64 Students
- A60 Students
- A56 Students
- B+54 Students
- A52 Students
- B+50 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Schools like Mounds View Senior High School
- AIrondale Senior High School
- Mounds View Public School District, MN
- 297 reviews
- A+Wayzata High School
- Wayzata Public School District, MN
- 362 reviews
- A+Mahtomedi Senior High School
- Mahtomedi Public School District, MN
- 169 reviews
- A+Edina Senior High School
- Edina Public School District, MN
- 331 reviews
Mounds View Senior High School Reviews
Mounds View may seem like any other high school, with questionable food and a grumpy teacher every now and then. But Mounds View's unique qualities supersede many cliche stereotypes. The school offers a competitive academic environment made evident by its astonishingly bright student populace. In Mounds View, advanced classes are regarded as 'normal'. It is considered taboo to not be enrolled in at least one AP class. The Information and Learning Centre (a glorified library) offers numerous resources for students, from free (3D) printing to free access to laptops, iPads, and the internet. It also boasts a coffee shop, affectionately known as 'Mustang Mocha'. The lunches are okay, with Tuesdays being the most popular for its popcorn chicken. There is always the option to buy non-government subsidised food. But most notable of all at Mounds View are the people. Students & staff (teachers, admins, even the lunch ladies and custodians!) are amiable and bond well despite their differences!
Although Mounds View is viewed as cliquey and judgmental (which I can not disagree with) but I believe that if you are able to find your group, it can be a wonderful place to make life long connections. Some students focus heavily on academics or partying but if one is able to find a balance, all is okay! It is nearly impossible to find that balance between family, friends, school, sports, clubs and college prep.
Mounds view high school is excellent in preparing student and putting them on the right track. There are many resources and prep sessions to attend if you are falling behind and your deans are always available for a chat. That being said, the courses are rigorous and the atmosphere does seem very stressful and competitive at times, although resources are given, it may be hard to seek them out initially. Overall it is a great school for someone who would like to work hard to get a fulfilling educations