Moultonborough Academy High School Reviews

The teachers are very good at their jobs, but the math department used to be better. It’s a small school, so it is easy to get individual help from teachers.
I graduated Moultonborough Academy in 2006. There was a diverse arts and music program, which kept me highly involved in other areas of academics. I also thoroughly enjoyed the camaraderie and challenges with seasonal athletics. There is a place and group for every niche.
The teachers put a LOT of effort into their class plans and take ample amount of time out of their days outside of the classroom in order to further each students’ understanding of their material. Not only do the majority of the staff care about the knowledge gained by their students, but about their well being and emotions as well. Overall, Moultonborough Academy is a small but personable school.
Start Your Review of Moultonborough Academy High School
Good in terms of academics but really lacking in the support given to students and favoritism, as always seems to be the case with small town schools. The opportunities to take rigorous courses are outstanding, however and if you are self sufficient and don’t question authority whatsoever it is very easy to thrive.
I love everything about this school; the students, teachers, learning opportunities, clubs and extracurriculars, and location.
Moultonborough Academy is a small school in a close knit community. The small class sizes allowed me to get to focus and help I needed from teachers to receive a solid education. The teachers are always willing to put in extra time in order to help you succeed. The kindness and friendliness of the student body is amazing. The students are hard working, dedicated, involved, and friendly.
Moultonborough Academy has some of the best teachers in state and amazing resources and technology. SInce we have phenomenal technology available I believe a huge improvement to the school would be to offer a wider variety of tech classes (such as coding and programing classes).
This is a great school and I have been very blessed to be able to go here. There are a multitude of resources and teachers are available and very willing to help. I have learned a lot and been introduced to a lot here. It is a small school and therefore everyone practically knows everyone. It offers a few clubs and lots of sports opportunities and the art and music program is very good. Overall I am glad that I go to this school and thankful for the experiences I have had here.
Most of the teachers are amazing, and make sure the student understands. Some other teachers just have really taught us at all. All the teachers have a different way of teaching and that's what great students learn in different ways. Over all the teachers are great!
The food at Moultonborough Academy is amazing. We have a company that comes in and caters lunch and break. They are called Fresh Picks. Their staff is always friendly and receptive to students ideas. Everyday there is a main meal, salad, mini subway station, burgers, and pizza. The salads are hand made and there are usually many different types. The prices are reasonable. There is also a program available for students who cannot afford lunches.
There are no schools die policies that affect parents or students negatively. All the schools policies are reasonable. The administratours do not just sit in their offices all day. They are always walking through the halls communicating with students and teachers. They are very approachable. There is almost no bullying at MA. The small amount that does happen is very quickly stopped my the students before it even gets to the administration. We all stand up for each other. Almost nobody has any problems with the dress code. It is very reasonable.
Moultonborough Academy is always looking for ways to make their athletic department better. We are always adding new sports, and always have a activity for everybody. Fitness at Moultonborough goes past athletics. We also have many clubs that frequently go on hikes, bike rides, ect. Overall we have a great sports and fitness program.
Your school experience is what you make of it. You can't just sit back and let the things around around go by. At this school, you have to get involved and let your character show in order to create opportunities for yourself.
Workload is average and the topics are usually able to be taken to worldly view. As in "how am I able to use this outside of school" and "why are we learning this?" are questions that are usually asked and answered.
Everything is up to date and resources are ready to use as long as you ask.
There's always club meetings to go to and as of this year, there has been many new club being organized as well.
There are many options to choose from our cafe and snacks are relatively cheap.
Start Your Review of Moultonborough Academy High School
The teaching style here is wonderful because it's challenging and the teachers here really know how to push students to think for themselves. Teachers are very nice and will usually do a lot to help students to succeed. Grading is consistent and usually fair.
Teens will be teens. You will totally meet someone who gets drunk or does drugs. It's unavoidable. But you're safe at this school and its rare for someone to come to school under the influence or with possession of such things. It's immediately dealt with if they're caught. Searches happen every so often. I think this school is perfectly safe.
Due to the school being very small as well as the town, there isn't too much diversity. Most people are of a white background. And there are about four or five cliques in total. Almost everyone accepts people for their sexual orientation and ethnic diversity. You just hardly see it around this area. Peer pressure isn't seen much at all. We all know where we stand and its accepted. Almost everyone gets along here and its super rare for a fight to happen.