Morse High School Reviews

The teachers were wonderful and helpful throughout my whole High School career. If anyone ever needed any help the teachers were always so welcoming. They give you so many chances and opportunities to succeed
Morse High school consistently encouraged students to be the best version of themselves and to strive for greatness. Although it was a public school the teachers were always happy to help and give their students a high-quality education. The facilities were kept as nice as they could with the age of the building but a better building will be provided in a few years which will help with academic enthusiasm.
Fantastic school. Great opportunities and a very STEM based school. Many clubs and organizations to be involved in. Caring teachers and staff who all want to see their students thrive. My life would not be the same without the care and support I received throughout my high school career at Morse High School
Start Your Review of Morse High School
All teachers love their job and care for their students, there is also a lot of school pride and a sense of community among students.
The school has a certain nostalgic feel to it that you won't get anywhere else. It's an old school and if you take a tour of it you can definitely see what I mean by that but, there's a spark of care that goes into everything here. It may be dirty and ratty and it's falling apart but the teachers and faculty have been here for a long time. Most of them graduated from this same school. Most people want to go as far as they can from their high school but something pulls them back in. It has the most active and effective alumni in the country and the amount of spirit it contains would be overwhelming to the average student.
Morse High School is a relatively small school (~ 600 students total) in Bath, Maine. Because of its size and location, it's not surprising that it doesn't have as many resources as other high schools, but it easily makes up for this in other areas. Morse High School has many decades-long traditions, including: MOHIBA, spirit week, the nations longest surviving alumni association, and many others. The school also has some fantastic teachers who really care about helping students.
The spirit and attitude of the faculty and staff at Morse High School made me feel as though Morse was my home. There are diverse classes offered, including many advanced placement courses, thus giving students the opportunity to challenge themselves academically and receive college credit. Teachers go above and beyond to offer support outside of class in order to make sure their students are successful. The culture of Morse makes everyone proud to be a Shipbuilder and attributes to MHS having one of the largest alumni base in the country. This alumni support allows hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships to be given to the graduating class every year. Morse truly goes above and beyond to make sure their students can achieve their dreams, during and beyond high school.
The school is like none other. It has amazing people in it, and teachers who really care about their students. I won't lie, high school for me wasn't a cake walk, and I really struggled with myself. But this school made it a lot easier to be me, and be okay with being me.
I love the spirit the comes with being a Morse shipbuilder. The teachers are wonderful and genuinely want the students to succeed. The building is ancient to say the least, but they are going to build a new one. Too bad I will have already graduated!
Don’t offer much. People don’t care to socialize with others beyond their 10 year long friend groups. Absolutely no diversity. I’ve notice this leaving students with hardly any skills in the real world when it comes to dealing with others with different ethnic backgrounds and getting there way around cities/ and or places that unfamiliar to them. The maturity level of the students is significantly lower than most I’ve seen from any school. Rules are hardly enforced when it comes to dress code and likewise. The teachers do not challenge students enough and/or make it clear they do not appreciate their job. Administration wants you to do what they know first hand, wether personal experience or of another student. They don’t want to see you step out of the norm or trends the school tends to get its cycles in (for example, everyone must attend UMO, UNE, or SMCC or else your just off to the side even though there are hundreds of better schools out there). Only upside, no fights.
The feeling of being at Morse is way different then any other school. I loved every single moment in that school. Having the largest group of Alumni in the country tells you something about good old Morse High.
The school spirit everyone had was amazing. Most of the teachers are very helpful and friendly. The only problem were other students
I love the teachers, the school spirit, and the community that surrounds Morse. When I came into Morse as a freshman, I was terrified. But as I started to join clubs and sports it made me feel more comfortable. The spirit my high school has is great. We may not be the best at sports, but when there is a good game and the players ask for support, the students/community come. The teachers at Morse are very supportive. Whenever I am feeling down certain teachers can tell and after class they ask me about it. They do their best to teach us but also they make sure we can lean on them for support when needed.
It’s okay. There’s definitely some administration that should no longer work here. I think the new school will help with safety issues.
The school pride and small classes are great. College readiness and individual attention could be better
I really love the community of Morse and the alumni. The teachers/staff are really helpful and understanding. I wish we had more clubs to offer students.
I would like to see a change in bullying and the food. What i liked about morse was some of the classes where fun and the classes that where fun had amazing teachers.
Start Your Review of Morse High School
Morse High School offers many different varieties of educational resources and classes for one to explore in the confusing, yet interesting part of their four year high school career. Although the school being very old, the culture within is rich in appreciation and school spirit. Home to one of the largest and oldest alumni associations in the United States, it's easy to find yourself at home here. The teachers work tirelessly to push their students to success–regardless of their interests in school. Personally, I entered Morse High my freshman year having no idea where I would like to take my further education. After meeting a very influential Biology teacher, I was captivated by her respective field of teaching and now find myself fully-fledged on pursuing the medical field and continuing a legacy of helping people in my community (one that is aging at a high rate.) For that, I will forever be full of gratitude for this school, and her.
We need at new High School which is underway. Lots of school spirit from current students, to our community and our alumni. We have lots of good teachers. The guidance department I feel is not as strong as I wish it could be to help students be more prepared for college. I feel unless you are top 10 student they couldnt be bothered with you.
It was not horrible, there were a few teachers that I really connected with. I had a good overall experience, but there were a few negatives. The school is extremely old and in extremely bad shape, and many of the teachers are up there in age. This is not always a bad thing, but some of them seem like they do not care as much. Morse also does not offer as many activities as far as classes and extracurriculars as other schools, but I can not really complain.