Morse High School is an above average, public school located in Bath, ME. It has 611 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Morse High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+116 Students
- B68 Students
- C+64 Students
- C+52 Students
- B-49 Students
- B47 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Morse High School
- BMt. Ararat High School
- Regional School Unit No. 75 (MSAD 75), ME
- 167 reviews
- B-Lisbon High School
- Lisbon Public Schools, ME
- 94 reviews
- C+Wiscasset High School
- Regional School Unit No. 12 (MSAD 12), ME
- 35 reviews
- BFreeport High School
- Regional School Unit No. 05 (MSAD 05), ME
- 151 reviews
Morse High School Reviews
The spirit and attitude of the faculty and staff at Morse High School made me feel as though Morse was my home. There are diverse classes offered, including many advanced placement courses, thus giving students the opportunity to challenge themselves academically and receive college credit. Teachers go above and beyond to offer support outside of class in order to make sure their students are successful. The culture of Morse makes everyone proud to be a Shipbuilder and attributes to MHS having one of the largest alumni base in the country. This alumni support allows hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships to be given to the graduating class every year. Morse truly goes above and beyond to make sure their students can achieve their dreams, during and beyond high school.
Morse High School offers many different varieties of educational resources and classes for one to explore in the confusing, yet interesting part of their four year high school career. Although the school being very old, the culture within is rich in appreciation and school spirit. Home to one of the largest and oldest alumni associations in the United States, it's easy to find yourself at home here. The teachers work tirelessly to push their students to success–regardless of their interests in school. Personally, I entered Morse High my freshman year having no idea where I would like to take my further education. After meeting a very influential Biology teacher, I was captivated by her respective field of teaching and now find myself fully-fledged on pursuing the medical field and continuing a legacy of helping people in my community (one that is aging at a high rate.) For that, I will forever be full of gratitude for this school, and her.
Morse High School is a relatively small school (~ 600 students total) in Bath, Maine. Because of its size and location, it's not surprising that it doesn't have as many resources as other high schools, but it easily makes up for this in other areas. Morse High School has many decades-long traditions, including: MOHIBA, spirit week, the nations longest surviving alumni association, and many others. The school also has some fantastic teachers who really care about helping students.