Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Morristown West High School is a highly rated, public school located in Morristown, TN. It has 1,566 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Morristown West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus271 Students
- grade B228 Students
- grade C+185 Students
- grade B minus153 Students
- grade B minus95 Students
- grade A+88 Students
- grade B64 Students
- grade B56 Students
- grade B53 Students
- grade B minus46 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responses
- Going to football games.28%
- Spirit Week8%
- Pep rallies5%
- any sports games & the trojan train3%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$9,124 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 32 responses
Schools like Morristown West High School
- grade BMorristown East High School
- Hamblen County School District, TN
- Rating 3.83 out of 5 160 reviews
- grade BJefferson County High School
- Jefferson County School District, TN
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 518 reviews
- grade CCocke County High School
- Cocke County School District, TN
- Rating 2.92 out of 5 107 reviews
- grade CGrainger High School
- Grainger County School District, TN
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 73 reviews
Morristown West High School Reviews
Rating 3.87 out of 5 224 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I enjoyed my time at Morristown West High School overall. Most of the teachers at Morristown West were students there before they became teachers. Because of this, Morristown West has a strong school spirit and passionate teachers. The building itself was a little run down when I went there but they have done renovations since I graduated. I had a great experience here!
Morristown West High School is a good school in spite of what little resources it receives. West generally receives less funding from the county and state, so the students and faculty must learn to be resourceful. However, they do a really good job at just that. West has a phenomenal academic program, with several opportunities for students wishing to take Honors and AP courses as well as great test scores. Not only that, but the overall environment at West is friendly and inviting. The students and faculty have a tight bond that ensures that everyone in the Trojan Nation is supported. The only thing that I would hope to change is how much funding the school receives. I feel like if West received as much funding as other schools in the area, it would have more opportunity to improve, especially in regards to the arts programs. The West High Band, Choir, and Drama classes are constantly having to fight over who gets the fundraising opportunities to keep the programs going.
Teachers are amazing! So encouraging and willing to teach. Administration could use some work, specifically the guidance office.