Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Morris Hills High School is a top rated, public school located in Rockaway, NJ. It has 1,279 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Morris Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A229 Students
- B181 Students
- B-137 Students
- B+116 Students
- A-114 Students
- A+107 Students
- B+107 Students
- B+102 Students
- A+101 Students
- A-79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 116 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Morris Hills High School
- AMorris Knolls High School
- Morris Hills Regional School District, NJ
- 220 reviews
- APompton Lakes High School
- Pompton Lakes School District, NJ
- 91 reviews
- AMorristown High School
- Morris School District, NJ
- 223 reviews
- AParsippany High School
- Parsippany-Troy Hills Township School District, NJ
- 169 reviews
Morris Hills High School Reviews
I am a senior at Morris Hills High School. I’ve had an awesome four years here! I’ve taken many AP and honors classes. These classes are challenging, but they aren’t extremely difficult. Most of the teachers at Hills are very friendly and will go out of their way to help you if you are struggling. MH also offers classes that aren’t as rigorous and offers plenty of electives. I’ve also participated in Morris Hills’ XC/Track program. If you’re into running, I’d definitely join this! The coaching staff are dedicated and passionate about what they do. MH also has a variety of other sports and after school activites to choose from. If you’re passionate about certain social issues, you could join the Pride Club, the Env. Action Club, etc. MH is a great school for everyone!
I loved Morris Hills High School! As an alumni, I loved my experience there as the environment was very welcoming, comfortable, and friendly for me when entering as a freshman. Also, the teachers were wonderful in providing me the best education for college and beyond. I could be myself and no one would say otherwise. The variety of clubs and activities there was another great aspect of the school. I could choose from so many options and there were no limits as to how many you could participate in as long as you maintained your grades. Overall, it was a great high school for me and I do miss it and hope to visit again soon!
I am a senior at Morris Hills High School. I have enjoyed my experience here! Morris Hills has a great administration who cares about their students. Most of the teachers here know what they are doing, and they will go out of their way to help you. If you are interested in clubs and sports, Morris Hills offers plenty of these to choose from. I ran cross country and track for four years at Hills and the coaching staff is passionate, dedicated, and fun to work with. The cross country and track teams also consist of hardworking, fun people to be around! The only downsides about this school are the cafeteria food, and some teachers aren't the best.