Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Morris Community High School is an above average, public school located in Morris, IL. It has 867 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Morris Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+98 Students
- C+85 Students
- A+65 Students
- A-54 Students
- B-46 Students
- B41 Students
- A+41 Students
- A34 Students
- B31 Students
- B-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like Morris Community High School
- BReed-Custer High School
- Reed-Custer Community Unit School District 255U, IL
- 80 reviews
- A-Minooka Community High School
- Public School
- Minooka, IL
- 535 reviews
- BWilmington High School
- Wilmington Community Unit School District No. 209-U, IL
- 57 reviews
- B+Coal City High School
- Coal City Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 76 reviews
Morris Community High School Reviews
Morris Community High School is a unique school in that we have immense school spirit for such a small town. Growing up and watching my older sibling go through high school showed me how much of a great experience it would be. However, I will be blunt. Our mascot, Redskins, is controversial and should not be taken lightly, although it is due to my town's fanatic obsession with the football team. Traditional parents and faculty continue to support this racist portrayal of an "inspiring character" because they do not realize the outdated and offensive nature of its caricature. Not to completely disregard what I have already typed, but I still do believe Morris Community High School has a great community and great people that make up the faculty and student body. Though we may be behind in our societal correctness, I hope in the future we will grow as an inspiring and powerful school that leads students in the right direction both educationally and morally.
It is a very good school which has a good support of academics and future learning. In my opinion, it is very much like other schools in that it has its good parts and bad parts. The statement as I said before remains the main benefit of the school. However, I have had some teachers that don't fully explain the concepts they are trying to teach or they don't provide the work environment required to be successful. My fellow students for the most part were very kind and supportive for work. I advise this school to anyone who wants to advance their academic career.
As a Junior, High School doesn't worry me as much as it did when I first walked through the halls as a freshman. Morris Community High School is an extraordinary place. It creates a warm environment that invites students to want to learn. Every High School has its ups and downs, especially morris. Some days would be awful, where everyone would just be so angry. Other days would be wonderful, like Fridays. Football Fridays are the base of our school. Every student thrives off of them. My highlight of every fall semester would be FNL. It would be the cherry on top of the week, to know that football Fridays are just around the corner.