Morris Community High School is an above average, public school located in Morris, IL. It has 870 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Morris Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+72 Students
- C+66 Students
- A+51 Students
- A-40 Students
- B+33 Students
- A+29 Students
- B28 Students
- B27 Students
- B26 Students
- B25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Morris Community High School
- BReed-Custer High School
- Reed Custer Community Unit School District No. 255u, IL
- 73 reviews
- B+Minooka Community High School
- Public School
- Minooka, IL
- 475 reviews
- BWilmington High School
- Wilmington Community Unit School District No. 209-U, IL
- 51 reviews
- B+Coal City High School
- Coal City Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 59 reviews
Morris Community High School Reviews
I am a new student this year, and came in as a senior. My experience at MCHS was anything but pleasant. I have found the education to be sub-par; as a new student I found the teachers unable to connect me to their "teaching strategies" other than a few exceptions. The extracurricular activities are unwelcoming, as a new student there has been no attempt to include me. The diversity is non-existent, the students are equally as small-minded. Many confederate flag bumper stickers and have had to argue that African American people should NOT be "thankful" for colonial Americans.
Morris Community High School does, what it feels, is its best to ensure a movie-like high school experience. This, of course, includes the overall sense of football players ruling the school, and all other students of inferior importance. After my 4 years at MCHS, I have learned that this school does not offer anything near the offerings at other schools in proximity including Minooka, Coal City, Yorkville, etc. Funding for MCHS solely is focused on the athletic and not the academic nor the infrastructure of the actual school. I will say that although I am college ready, majority of students are not. Overall, the school does not push students towards the highest potential but simply settles for what they can. A shame because the school's pride is very high, however the intelligence and cultural knowledge is very low.
Of course, with every high school, we have our ups and downs. I have enjoyed playing volleyball all 4 years throughout high school and have made life long friends through the program. The volleyball program introduced me to a whole new world and I was able to be a part of my school. I have been in Spanish club which has introduced me to a whole new culture and shown me a variety of different Mexican food. Morris high school has also shown me what it means to be a leader. We love our football team and take much pride in them. Football Fridays at MCHS are always Fridays you do not want to miss. We are known for our homecoming assembly's which are very exciting but also under control. I have been please to be able to attend this high school.