Morrice Area High School is a public school located in Morrice, MI. It has 268 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Morrice Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A26 Students
- B19 Students
- B-17 Students
- A+14 Students
- B12 Students
- B12 Students
- B+11 Students
- C9 Students
- B+6 Students
- B-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Morrice Area High School Reviews
I loved Morrice. I had excellent teachers who took the time to get to know you. It was a friendly environment and I would definitely do it again!
The bullying topic has been addressed, and there is an anti-bully committee, but nothing really gets done. People feel as though the people chosen for the committee actually bully kids themselves, and do not feel comfortable addressing one of the committee members with their bullying problems. Personal safety is fine, we've never really had a real problem. There is no school nurse, which creates dilemmas because the staff does not know how to handle all situations, and some situations are not handles properly.
At Morrice High School there are clubs and organizations. However because we are a small school we don't have a lot. The school does have a National Honors Society, Student Council, Chess Club, Drama Club and Sports. I participate in sports, Student Council, and National Honors Society. These are all great organizations and groups to be apart of. They each teach lessons that everyone should learn from.