Morgantown High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-271 Students
- C+41 Students
- B-23 Students
- A+23 Students
- B23 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- B-17 Students
- A17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 72 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Morgantown High School Reviews
Review Morgantown High School
The idea of entering a very large high school after graduating from a small Catholic elementary school was frightening! I have to tell you it went much better than I ever expected! After meeting the counselors, administration, faculty and staff at “MHS” I felt much more comfortable. MHS has a caring faculty and staff, wonderful administration, academic courses that more than prepare you for the next level, guidance counselors who care, activities for everyone no matter your interest. It provides all of this while still making you, as an individual, feel very welcome. It doesn't feel as big as it looks anymore! I could not have asked for a better high school to have spent the last 4 years of my life at. I love the times I have had here and am proud to say that I will always be a Mohigan!
I was challenged by the decent selection of AP classes that Morgantown HS offers, and was lucky to have support from many of the teachers. There are annoying aspects, such as the walk outside to the art/music/language classes and the bathrooms, but overall I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else (especially not UHS). The students have fun but are generally respectful. Traditions like Senior Awards Day and Homecoming events are especially unique and contribute to a positive experience. The school is pretty large, which can be intimidating for some, but also allows for exposure to people of different ethnicities, socioeconomic classes, and backgrounds.
Morgantown High School is in the heart of a college town. Our school is the most diverse one out there. We even hang all the banners from the foreign exchange students we have had over the years (the entire cafeteria is full of them, we're even running out of space). MHS currently offers 16 ap classes of which I will have taken most of when I graduate. Most of the teachers are amazing and really get involved with each student. Honors and AP courses are able to actually challenge students that are willing to put in the time and effort. Our school is very old though. There are 4 floors in the main building plus the pit. If you take band or a foreign language then you must walk to the far side, which is on the other side of the football field. The lunches could be better but breakfast and grab-n-go are pretty swell. It's an inviting school with many clubs and sports to do. It's overall a great place to learn and meet new people.