Morgan County High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Madison, GA. It has 985 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Morgan County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+232 Students
- B+126 Students
- B124 Students
- B+113 Students
- B87 Students
- A+68 Students
- A-67 Students
- B-65 Students
- B64 Students
- B+52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Morgan County High School Reviews
The school overall is mediocre at best. The administration often time doesn’t enforce their own policies, such as the “zero tolerance” bullying policy. I myself experienced bullying here and my bully was simply told, “you shouldn’t bully people. That’s bad” by administration. This school also has a massive problem with prioritizing sports over anything else. Most of their student athletes maintain the very lowest grades possible to continue to play and many of them are even given special academic treatment to be continually allowed to play. Their prioritization of sports also leaves other programs, clubs, and organizations severely lacking in the funding they need. The mental health and safety of their students is clearly not of their concern, the academic standards are low, and the programs which actually prepare students for real world careers are severely underfunded.
Morgan County High School has given me many memories. Memories that I will never forget. As a community and a school, we all came together through hard and good times. My education has grown more and more since I have gone through each year here at Morgan County. The teachers, coaches, and administration are always there when in need. They are the students biggest supporters! I wouldn't trade going to Morgan County High School for anything.
I have had a pretty good experience with Morgan County High School. Soon, we are moving into a new school. We started block schedule, and it isn't as bad as I assumed it would be. We only have 4 classes a day which is less stressful than it would with 8 classes. The only downside is that we actually have more homework because we have to get a whole course done, and that is a lot of pressure in AP Human Geography. Plus, we have to combine multiple units onto one exam. At first, my school was going to cut the drama program, but then my mother fought and fought, and we got an amazing teacher. She is the chorus/drama teacher, and we are very lucky to have her. Most of the teachers and students at my school are kind and considerate, but every school has those mean girls and guys. Our softball team is doing really well this year, but the football team is not. I am involved with the marching band(color guard), and I am very confident that we will get great scores with our 2018 show.