Morgan County High School is an above average, public school located in Madison, GA. It has 980 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Morgan County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+241 Students
- B+133 Students
- B129 Students
- B119 Students
- B91 Students
- A+73 Students
- B+72 Students
- C+68 Students
- B64 Students
- B58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Morgan County High School Reviews
I feel like our school is a lot more professional and opportunistic than most schools. Our College Career Academy and "KASH" incentives increase professionalism and all-around happiness in our school. Our school is filled with diversity not only with the students but also with the classes offered. Our school is also different in the activities that the faculty allows the students to plan and take part in. A great example is our Homecoming Week which was all planned by students, yet it was still a professional week of fun, games, and class rivalries. If there was one thing I would critique, it would be the dull and uncreative feel of the school's interior. I understand that Morgan County wants to keep the school looking clean and professional as a College Career Academy should be, I feel that they are somewhat limiting the creativity of students by prohibiting certain methods of expression.
The school overall is mediocre at best. The administration often time doesn’t enforce their own policies, such as the “zero tolerance” bullying policy. I myself experienced bullying here and my bully was simply told, “you shouldn’t bully people. That’s bad” by administration. This school also has a massive problem with prioritizing sports over anything else. Most of their student athletes maintain the very lowest grades possible to continue to play and many of them are even given special academic treatment to be continually allowed to play. Their prioritization of sports also leaves other programs, clubs, and organizations severely lacking in the funding they need. The mental health and safety of their students is clearly not of their concern, the academic standards are low, and the programs which actually prepare students for real world careers are severely underfunded.
Morgan County High School has given me many memories. Memories that I will never forget. As a community and a school, we all came together through hard and good times. My education has grown more and more since I have gone through each year here at Morgan County. The teachers, coaches, and administration are always there when in need. They are the students biggest supporters! I wouldn't trade going to Morgan County High School for anything.