Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Moreno Valley High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Angel Fire, NM. It has 61 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Moreno Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B30 Students
- A-8 Students
- A-6 Students
- A-5 Students
- B-5 Students
- B+4 Students
- B4 Students
- A-4 Students
- A+4 Students
- A-4 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Moreno Valley High School Reviews
This school is supposed to operate on the Paideia/Socratic method and be progressive. However, in recent years, under poor leadership, it is just another poorly administered public school.
I have attended this school since my Freshmen year, and I have always thought the academics were great. There is a fair amount of diversity, but the main eye-catcher of this school is the size. The maximum capacity of students is 120 , however there has never been more than 90. It is extremely useful to have such small classes, because you can get better, more concentrated help on the specific subjects in which it is needed. The biggest class size one will see is fifteen students. A student can learn so much more this way. This school also offers AP courses and other advanced classes, so a student always ja the option to challenge themselves if they want to. However, I would recommend this school to another most of all because of how nice everybody is at the school. I have never been in a place that has so many nice people in one place.
I attended Moreno Valley High School from freshman to junior year and it was by far some of the best academics I had in my High School Career. Student to teacher ratio is great which allowed for more one on one assistance. Well structured courses and great outdoor activities for physical Education. Daughter will attend when she is in high school as well.