Moose Lake Secondary School
- MOOSE LAKE, MN
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Moose Lake Secondary School is an above average, public school located in MOOSE LAKE, MN. It has 285 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Moose Lake Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+32 Students
- grade A26 Students
- grade B+17 Students
- grade B14 Students
- grade B13 Students
- grade B12 Students
- grade A12 Students
- grade B+10 Students
- grade B9 Students
- grade B+8 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Moose Lake Secondary School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- no data--
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responses
- Football Games50%
- Homecoming, snodaze25%
- Pep Rallies25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 3 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$42,897 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 3 responses
Schools like Moose Lake Secondary School
- grade C+Willow River Secondary School
- Willow River Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.22 out of 5 18 reviews
- grade BBarnum Secondary School
- Barnum Public School District, MN
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 39 reviews
- grade B minusCromwell-Wright Secondary School
- Cromwell-Wright Public Schools, MN
- Rating 2.89 out of 5 18 reviews
Moose Lake Secondary School Reviews
Rating 3.38 out of 5 32 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Moose Lake School is an amazing environment for any kid. The teachers are some of the most amazing people on the planet. Each teacher genuinely wants to make connections with their students. The only place where I wish it would improve is the gymnasium. The floor is poorly kept up and the colors on the floor don't represent our sports team. Other than that I love Moose Lake School!
I really enjoy the teachers at Moose Lake Secondary school. They're always helpful and are really good at connecting with the students. They're very good at preparing you for college classes, and they make sure you know what assignments consist of. One thing I don't like about Moose Lake school is the amount of rules that we have. Last year, we had a no wifi rule for students. It was hard for students who needed wifi at games or other after school events to access the internet. Another thing our school lacks is diversity. I am one of the only colored students. You can count on one hand how many students of color there are in the high school. On a positive note, our sports teams are very welcoming to be apart of. I recommend joining clubs and sports at Moose Lake to make friends!
The school has a friendly atmosphere and good learning environment. I have attended the school for all of my life and enjoyed a lot of it. The staff their are friendly and love teaching kids. While there are a couple of staff members that could use some tweaking, I enjoy learning from the teachers. They are friendly and strive to give every student the best education possible. I would have liked more language options rather than just spanish, but taking spanish was a good time anyways. The school is getting a new building that I won't be able to experience since I graduate this year, but it does not really bother me. I recommend the school to those who are looking for a school to enroll their children. The surrounding schools are also very nice. I just think it is a personal opinion and I encourage others to look into Moose Lake Secondary.