Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-125 Students
- A+125 Students
- A+119 Students
- A-112 Students
- B+94 Students
- A86 Students
- A+86 Students
- B85 Students
- A84 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 80 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.61 responses
Moorpark High School Reviews
Review Moorpark High School
When I went to school there, there were several teachers that the students felt were abusing their tenure; but most of them have retired. The English department is one that I felt was lacking a lot. Primarily when it came to Senior Year, the students had to make a physical art piece concerning literature (i.e. a painting, or a video game). Literature itself is art, and there is no reason why students should be pressured to be doing the type of work for an art class in an English class. Aside from the English Department, the Social Studies were excellent! Great teachers who really made sure the students understood the material well enough to pass almost every test. The Math and Science departments were alright, could improve on some things, but can't really complain. The Music and Foreign Language Departments were really great too (even though I didn't like the Music classes offered). Over all, the work load in some departments (i.e. Math,Science, and English) were a little excessive which created a lot of stress (probably why there were multiple threats prompting lockdowns) on a student body that is not yet ready for it.
Moorpark High School is a great school, it has a clean campus, a fun atmosphere, and good students. The school is filled with a variety of Hispanics, Black, Asian, and white students. All seem ti get along well with each other. We also have foreign exchange students whom visit us and often create lasting friendships. The sports teams have good funding and we have some teams that win leagues. We have a great football field and a good track. We have two multipurpose rooms, and educational center, and three weight rooms. The teachers are very available and friendly. They participate in school activities. Our Counselors try their best, but can sometimes struggle. Overall its a good school, with good kids. Like most things it has its flaws, but I am lucky to be at Moorpark.
I am currently a sophomore at Moorpark High School. I am in two AP classes and in advanced chorus. I am also in many clubs. This campus makes students feel like they belong and are welcomed to do what they want like sports, band, muscial show production, many different clubs, and etc. The teachers at Moorpark High School truly do care about you and your learning experience. My teachers from last year and this year care about me and help me succeed and further my learning capabilities. The staff and campus supervisors make the campus and myself feel safe.