Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Moorhead High School is an above average, public school located in Moorhead, MN. It has 1,846 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Moorhead High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+215 Students
- B184 Students
- A160 Students
- A-144 Students
- B+127 Students
- B+61 Students
- B54 Students
- B+49 Students
- B47 Students
- A+45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 42 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Moorhead High School
- B-Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton Senior High School
- Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton School District, MN
- 46 reviews
- BWest Fargo High School
- West Fargo Public Schools, ND
- 272 reviews
- NGRed River Area Learning Center
- Moorhead Public School District, MN
- B+South High School
- Fargo Public Schools, ND
- 237 reviews
Moorhead High School Reviews
Moorhead High is a good school with lots of sports and arts opportunities. We have many good teachers, but as student population increases, class sizes have started to get too big. Some of my classes are as big as 38 students, and sitting in the back of a class this size is just not suitable for learning. I also believe that this school needs to be updated, it has too many students and not enough room. Teachers make great connections with their students and are there for you if you need anything. The arts are really big at Moorhead High, and our theater and speech programs are very good!
Moorhead High School is full of teachers and staff that genuinely care about the success of their students and strive to make sure they do their best to prepare students for the future. MHS offers a wide variety of classes and electives and has many opportunities for students to take classes that will earn them college credits, and the counselors at MHS check in with students to make sure they have a plan for post graduation. MHS also offers many different clubs and sports for students to participate in, the newest one being Lacrosse. Everyone from the Janitors to the Principal work hard to make every student feel welcome to ensure students are in the best environment to learn and prepare them for life after high school, whether it be college, trade school, or anything else students decide to do.
Overall a great place to grow as a human being, a lot of opportunities to excel in and out of the classroom. Though funding from the state does limit certain aspects, the school is very good at working out solutions. Excited to see what happens after the new renovation is done!