- Private, Quaker
- MOORESTOWN, NJ
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade B+
At MFS, we weave academic rigor with Quaker values to serve a dual purpose: offering uncommon intellectual challenges while also instilling vital emotional and ethical attributes that empower our students.
Our focus on relationships creates conditions for great intellectual daring, remarkably productive collaboration, and courageous perseverance. And our Quaker values impart universal principles of equality, compassion, reflection, and responsibility—which serve students from all backgrounds and belief systems and remain relevant in rapidly evolving times. Our graduates’ minds are primed to be successful by every traditional measure, while their hearts and souls are poised to define success on their own terms—in choices about college, career, and life itself.
Moorestown Friends School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+63 Students
- grade A+62 Students
- grade A+48 Students
- grade A44 Students
- grade A+43 Students
- grade A minus41 Students
- grade A+41 Students
- grade A+41 Students
- grade A+40 Students
- grade A+39 Students
Peer Leadership Program
The Peer Leadership program provides seniors with an opportunity to work with freshmen as mentors, helping the ninth grade students with their transition to high school, introducing them to Upper School extracurricular and social opportunities, and discussing moral and ethical issues. The goal is to provide a platform for our older students to model and cultivate positive character traits.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
- Spirit week is the best event at my school.39%
- May Day is another popular event.22%
- Air Band17%
- Dodgeball Tournament13%
- Spirit Week9%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
- Offers Full WeekYes
- Offers Part WeekYes
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayYes
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B
Moorestown Friends School Reviews
However, it can be exhausting. MFS can be difficult for high-achievers experiencing burnout. One thing I will say is that the emotional strain placed on a student to perform may impact their mental health. It can be exhausting to perform out of fear of failure, and the mental health resources are a tad subpar. Our school counselor is a wonderful woman, but ultimately it comes down to "I-know-you're-depressed-but-your-grades-are-good-so-stick-it-out!"
TL;DR: It's a great mix of pre-professional and creative, has amazing resources for all sorts of study and projects, but can be unhealthily competitive.