Moore High School is an above average, public school located in Moore, OK. It has 2,421 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 26% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Moore High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A668 Students
- B438 Students
- A346 Students
- C+283 Students
- C215 Students
- B+213 Students
- B110 Students
- B-110 Students
- B107 Students
- C+103 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 158 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.64 responses
Moore High School Reviews
Moore High School is the original high school in Moore, Oklahoma. Over the course of just a few years, the school has grown to be nearly twice its original size. The administration as granted us the funding to construct a tornado shelter, agriculture building, another field house and more classrooms. Moore High School has many ways to keep track of their students. The administrators and staff offer many opportunities to better student education and involvement. Having gone to Moore High since August 2016, I have experienced a drastic change in my social and academic skills throughout the years. Moore High has not only fostered me since my early teenage years, but has helped shape me into the individual I am today.
Moore High School is a very together school, if you attended this high school you would have not only have the faculty there having your back but also the student body there as well. The community has been through a lot so the well being of everyone who is attending this high school is just as important as the education. Moore High has a number of students who not only achieve great things athletically but academically as well. When you look at where their students end up getting accepted and spending their college careers you will be just as impressed. In my class of 2017 we had a number of students that were accepted into ivy league schools and even continued their academics there as well. Most importantly all of their students have the luxury of having teachers that are gonna get them college ready.
Over the four years I've attended Moore High School I've been a very involved student. I've been a head chair for our Philanthropic Organization, involved in NHS, leadership, and even been Student Council Vice President. One thing Moore High School lacks is up to date resources. Living in Oklahoma, our state is one of the lowest in quality of education. Most teachers have a classroom set of textbooks, but since the classrooms are overcrowded there wasn't always enough books for every student. Not to mention, the textbooks would normally be so beat up and out of date they were hard to use. Also, our counselors struggled getting back to us on time and there was a lack of communication. I go to an older high school which means older building and facilities. Overall, the majority of teachers, administration, and sports make Moore High School so enjoyable.