Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Moon Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Moon Township, PA. It has 1,193 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 85% in reading.
Moon Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A197 Students
- A+184 Students
- A-116 Students
- B-94 Students
- B89 Students
- B-74 Students
- A+71 Students
- B67 Students
- A-62 Students
- A+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Moon Senior High School
- A+South Fayette Township High School
- South Fayette Township School District, PA
- 193 reviews
- B+Bethel Park High School
- Bethel Park School District, PA
- 324 reviews
- A-Montour High School
- Montour School District, PA
- 206 reviews
- A-North Hills Senior High School
- North Hills School District, PA
- 371 reviews
Moon Senior High School Reviews
Everyday Moon offered students the opportunity to learn with phenomenal faculty in a supportive environment. Throughout my high school experience I was able to experience once in a lifetime opportunities beyond education that many schools don't get to enjoy. For example, every year the students team up with the local police and firefighters perform a mock crash to show the effects of drunk driving. My junior year of high school, the entire student body and faculty spent an hour walking outside and enjoying donated ice cream to help end bullying by "Melting away the hate." During the Holiday season my senior year of high school, Peer to Peer students gave away free hot chocolate at lunch to spread some holiday cheer. Moon goes above and beyond their stellar education to make sure students leave as well rounded adults. I have taken advantage of all these opportunities through my 4 high school years, and I have Moon to credit for all of my academic and personal success.
My experience at Moon Area High School has been one to always remember! There is such a wide variety to participate in. In addition, our athletic program are very advanced. I am a senior, varsity softball player who has viewed not only our program but all of the other athletic programs develop over the years. Our school is full of individuals that contain the drive and aspiration to becoming involved. Whether you choose to participate in a sport, a club, attend debates, provide community service, participate in the band or musicals, or simply live life in a fulfilling way, you are giving back to our community. The safe environment, the excellence in academics, and the resources provided for all necessary programs creates a beautiful experience. Approaching graduation and leaving my town behind, I am proud to say this suburb will always have a special place in my heart.
Overall, the facility was very nice. I am grateful to have been able to attend this school. The majority of the teachers who I had were competent, reasonable, and fairly passionate about their subject. Though there were some exceptions, I was able to get myself through these classes with a little bit of extra work. I am also grateful for the many clubs and extracurricular activities that I was able to get deeply involved in during my time at MAHS. National Honor Society, jazz band, marching band, and Women in STEM Club were a few of my favorite groups to which I belonged.