Moon Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Moon Township, PA. It has 1,193 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Moon Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A141 Students
- A+129 Students
- A-79 Students
- B67 Students
- B-66 Students
- A+54 Students
- B48 Students
- B-46 Students
- A-38 Students
- A+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 94 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Moon Senior High School
- ASouth Fayette Township High School
- South Fayette Township School District, PA
- 165 reviews
- ABethel Park High School
- Bethel Park School District, PA
- 296 reviews
- B+Montour High School
- Montour School District, PA
- 200 reviews
- ANorth Hills Senior High School
- North Hills School District, PA
- 342 reviews
Moon Senior High School Reviews
My experience at Moon Area High School has been one to always remember! There is such a wide variety to participate in. In addition, our athletic program are very advanced. I am a senior, varsity softball player who has viewed not only our program but all of the other athletic programs develop over the years. Our school is full of individuals that contain the drive and aspiration to becoming involved. Whether you choose to participate in a sport, a club, attend debates, provide community service, participate in the band or musicals, or simply live life in a fulfilling way, you are giving back to our community. The safe environment, the excellence in academics, and the resources provided for all necessary programs creates a beautiful experience. Approaching graduation and leaving my town behind, I am proud to say this suburb will always have a special place in my heart.
I went to 3 different high schools and this one was by far the best! The teachers engage students by using real life examples and explaining, in detail, why the material they are teaching is important to our future careers. They are extremely knowledgable, enabling them to answer virtually any questions students may have. They are also available at the students request, providing students with the the knowledge they need to succeed within the school community. Their grading is extremely fair and consistent, as they make students work to earn the grades they received, but also provide opportunities to better your grade if you are not satisfied.
Great school! The academics are great, teachers are helpful. Overall a pretty good place! The school spirit is amazing, there are lots of activities to get involved with.