Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C minus
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade A
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Monument Valley High School is a public school located in Kayenta, AZ. It has 665 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Monument Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B277 Students
- grade B minus239 Students
- grade A217 Students
- grade A minus202 Students
- grade B+145 Students
- grade B minus104 Students
- grade C95 Students
- grade B83 Students
- grade B minus68 Students
- grade B+63 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade C minus
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 70 responses
- Homecoming football event.16%
- Native american week14%
- Pep rallies6%
- Spirit Week6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$19,326 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 18 responses
Monument Valley High School Reviews
Rating 3.87 out of 5 111 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
There's no other school I'd go to than Monument Valley High School. I love their mascot, the Mustangs. I like the diversity and atmosphere of my school. For all I know, I represented the school very proudly. Anyone would want to participate in sports, considering the school is known for many championship appearances in Volleyball and Basketball. The academics there are proficient with people who will help you out. I love it!
What I enjoy about Monument Valley is that the academics are so worth it! I enjoy learning and the school is encouraging me to do more! The faculty is amazing and they help us by cooking and cleaning after us. The facilities are always clean and smell good all the time. The teachers are so willingly to put themselves out there to teach us what they have learned. Everyone is friendly here and are in sports! Which is very quite impressive. The diversity is unbelievable. Everyone is very nice with everyone else. The clubs are open to everyone with friendly arms and will not say no to anyone. I am taking college prep and it is definitely worth it because I have enough time to look for colleges and apply for schools! Our books and resources are not the best but it is something to work with and for. Our parent involvement is quite good and enough but with everyone no living close as a 10 mile radius, it is an exception. I like this school so much!
When I attended Monument Valley High School, it was a great experience. The staff, teachers, and students were polite. The teachers I had were helpful when I needed help with my schoolwork, they made sure I was caught up with everything. The advisors made sure I was caught up with graduation requirements and helped with applying to college. When I played sports there, the coaches were fair and it was a fun experience.