Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Monument Mountain Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Great Barrington, MA. It has 530 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Monument Mountain Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A99 Students
- A+58 Students
- A+50 Students
- A-43 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+33 Students
- A28 Students
- A+26 Students
- C+25 Students
- A+24 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Monument Mountain Regional High School
- A-Lenox Memorial High School
- Lenox Public Schools, MA
- 137 reviews
- A-Chatham High School
- Chatham Central School District, NY
- 44 reviews
- BPittsfield High School
- Pittsfield Public Schools, MA
- 116 reviews
- BLee Middle/High School
- Lee Public Schools, MA
- 25 reviews
Monument Mountain Regional High School Reviews
The student culture and energy is unlike anywhere else. There are no recognizable cliches, only students who do many diverse activities celebrating one another. The academics are excellent and the teaching is outstanding. I have learned from many teachers who I believe have changed my life. Monument Mountain is a very special place where students are encouraged to truly examine themselves as individuals, question their values and beliefs, and to challenge themselves to do better. Sports, academics, and performing arts each offer a place where students can explore their potential and feel like they belong, all while making lasting memories in a community that knows what's important.
Monument is a small high school with a beautiful campus, two football fields, multiple soccer fields and a very nice track as well. From the front of the school you can see Monument Mountain and from the back you can see the Berkshire mountains. The faculty is filled with wonderful teachers and staff that care about every student. I personally have multiple adults in the school who I can talk to about anything with, school related or not. Creating relationships with the teachers there is an east task and still have teachers from freshman year who I can talk to. All the students are filled with school spirit and don't discriminate against anymore. For my four years there there were no were real fights and I never felt unsafe a day I was enrolled. It is a great place to feel at home and to be if you love nature which surrounds the whole School.
The school as a community is connected, people are kind to each other. Teachers care about their students and there's a connection between the two. The issue seems to be more with the faculty. They often won't consider student opinions. The structural issues with the school are apparent as well. The asbestos in the building is to the point where they can't hire painters since sanding would cause the asbestos would get into their lungs. They also previously turned down multiple multimillions offers from the state for renovations.