Montville Township High School is a highly rated, public school located in Montville, NJ. It has 1,186 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Montville Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A171 Students
- A+114 Students
- A99 Students
- A+93 Students
- A-91 Students
- B74 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+55 Students
- B53 Students
- A53 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Montville Township High School
- AMadison High School
- Madison Public School District, NJ
- 84 reviews
- ARamsey High School
- Ramsey School District, NJ
- 96 reviews
- ARandolph High School
- Randolph Township School District, NJ
- 288 reviews
- AIndian Hills High School
- Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District, NJ
- 175 reviews
Montville Township High School Reviews
Montville Township Highschool has given me many opportunities over the past 3 years of attending. There is a large selection of after-school activities and extracurriculars so that everyone can find a club right for them. The teachers are always willing to help students when they are confused or falling behind by staying after school or providing extra help during lunch. I feel a large improvement from the time I started in MTHS to now, so much so that I moved from enriched English to honors, and now even into AP!
I believe that Montville Township High School has a variety of classes and extracurricular activities. There is a class for everyone and something new for any student to enjoy. However, the administration is quite difficult to either get a hold of or get through to in general. It has a good reputation but that's all the administration is concerned with rather than the overall well-being of students. Regardless, it is still an excellent school compared to the average public school.
Overall, my High School experience at Montville Township High School has been very good. There is also a lot of great opportunities, such as, National Honor Society and a wide variety of community service clubs, which students get very involved in. Next, the teachers at Montville Township High School are very helpful because they dedicate lunch hours everyday to meet and help with students. This is a key factor in helping students succeed and better themselves. Although, I would like to see more diversity in my school because diversity makes the surrounding society and the environment better and more accepting. If there was more diversity my school experience would be even better.