Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Montville Township High School is a highly rated, public school located in Montville, NJ. It has 1,162 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 46% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Montville Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A204 Students
- A+133 Students
- A+110 Students
- A110 Students
- A-109 Students
- B89 Students
- A+82 Students
- B+63 Students
- B62 Students
- A62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Montville Township High School
- AMadison High School
- Madison Public School District, NJ
- 92 reviews
- ARamsey High School
- Ramsey School District, NJ
- 96 reviews
- ARandolph High School
- Randolph Township School District, NJ
- 303 reviews
- AIndian Hills High School
- Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District, NJ
- 187 reviews
Montville Township High School Reviews
I had a great experience during my time at Montville Township High School. Montville has a very well rounded environment that has opportunities for everyone. With competitive varsity sports to a top ranked marching band. Montville Mustangs show pride in every aspect of high school. Furthermore, students here are taught to see challenges as opportunities. Faculty and the student body form a competitive and unifying community were teamwork is a core value. The teachers here are a wonderful support system that push students to be their best. Academic rigor is dependent on each student which also allows for a very individualized academic experience. This helped me as a student to consistently strive for more and be in college level classes. Montville creates the perfect learning experience were fun and school pride is prioritized just as much as academia and competition. This creates a motivational environment that pushes all students to be their absolute best.
I think this school provides a great high school environment! Especially during these times, the school administration has worked very closely with students and value our input.
My experience at Montville Township High School has overall been a pretty decent one. While I am only a sophomore, I have gotten to know the school very well. I would say the school goes either way. Sometimes you will have teachers who have a great approach to teacher, and these teachers personally invest in the lives of students as well as loving being an educator. Having this environment truly does change the learning experience as a whole because this energy motives me. With that being said, there is also a fair share of teachers who feel immune because of their time being at the school. I have heard some stories of teachers saying things and people looking the other way. These are the same teachers who you can really tell don't care about your success. Student life is interesting because the school has people from different types of people. Montville does lack diversity but I have seen some improvements in the way the minority students are treated.