Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Montville High School is an above average, public school located in Oakdale, CT. It has 560 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Montville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A165 Students
- grade B71 Students
- grade B minus62 Students
- grade A+47 Students
- grade B minus47 Students
- grade B41 Students
- grade C39 Students
- grade B36 Students
- grade B minus29 Students
- grade A+28 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responses
- Pep Rally, Homecoming Dance, Hunger Games32%
- Theater Productions16%
- The Christmas Concert16%
- Music Concerts12%
- Spirit Week8%
- Anything about music4%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,538 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 25 responses
Schools like Montville High School
- grade B minusGriswold High School
- Griswold School District, CT
- Rating 3.56 out of 5 128 reviews
- grade B+Bacon Academy
- Colchester School District, CT
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 205 reviews
- grade B+Robert E. Fitch High School
- Groton School District, CT
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 189 reviews
- grade B+Ledyard High School
- Ledyard School District, CT
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 162 reviews
Montville High School Reviews
Rating 3.49 out of 5 135 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I like that Montville High School is such a great community, everyone is friendly and gets along. The athletic programs at this school are great. Anyone at the school could play a sport if they really wanted to. There is a wide variety of classes, like culinary, music, art, history, english, literature, and so many science classes. I like this because when I am making my schedule in the summer before school starts, I get to pick out classes that most interest me with teachers and subjects that I like. It also gets me excited for the upcoming school year. Overall, Montville is a great place to be and great school to send your kids to receive an amazing education.
Montville High School is a great school. The academics are outstanding. There are many classes that are college level and you get college credits for them. The sports are fantastic! There are many awards for all the different sports. The teachers are very willing to help whenever needed. There is something for everyone. Many clubs, sports , drama, music, chorus, and other clubs. The principal, vice- principal, councilors and teachers are always willing to help if there is a problem. I feel very safe at Montville High. We have a resource officer that is there everyday all day. The food is not the best. I bring my lunch everyday.
I’ve been told that the student in Montville High School are friendlier towards each other compared to other High schools and that’s pretty accurate, I guess. There’s a number of teachers in MHS that are really good at teaching, they make the learning easier. There are also teachers very passionate about their job and are also very political, which is really good. But sadly majority of the teachers are not good. Some teachers really can’t teach, I don’t know how they pass their teaching class or something. The food is terrible, and is mediocre at best. Clubs have very little funding. Plus, the WATER.