Montville High School is an above average, public school located in Oakdale, CT. It has 636 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Montville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A139 Students
- B-65 Students
- B-54 Students
- B-41 Students
- B37 Students
- A+36 Students
- C36 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-26 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Montville High School Reviews
Montville High School is a great school. The academics are outstanding. There are many classes that are college level and you get college credits for them. The sports are fantastic! There are many awards for all the different sports. The teachers are very willing to help whenever needed. There is something for everyone. Many clubs, sports , drama, music, chorus, and other clubs. The principal, vice- principal, councilors and teachers are always willing to help if there is a problem. I feel very safe at Montville High. We have a resource officer that is there everyday all day. The food is not the best. I bring my lunch everyday.
I’ve been told that the student in Montville High School are friendlier towards each other compared to other High schools and that’s pretty accurate, I guess. There’s a number of teachers in MHS that are really good at teaching, they make the learning easier. There are also teachers very passionate about their job and are also very political, which is really good. But sadly majority of the teachers are not good. Some teachers really can’t teach, I don’t know how they pass their teaching class or something. The food is terrible, and is mediocre at best. Clubs have very little funding. Plus, the WATER.
So many great teachers and great classes offering many opportunities for college credit. I graduated with 17 credits that all transferred to UCONN but there were some students that had over 30. More AP and ECE classes would always be great!