Montoursville Area Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Montoursville, PA. It has 613 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Montoursville Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+80 Students
- B43 Students
- A36 Students
- C+33 Students
- C+32 Students
- B-20 Students
- C+20 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-16 Students
- A-16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Montoursville Area Senior High School
- BHughesville Junior/Senior High School
- East Lycoming School District, PA
- 68 reviews
- B-Montgomery Jr/Sr High School
- Montgomery Area School District, PA
- 88 reviews
- A-Loyalsock Township Senior High School
- Loyalsock Township School District, PA
- 81 reviews
- BMuncy Junior/Senior High School
- Muncy School District, PA
- 57 reviews
Montoursville Area Senior High School Reviews
Montoursville Area High School is full if very passionate teachers. Most teachers have the ability to form relationships with students because of the small class size. Overall, I feel I benefited greatly from going through this school district.
Most teachers really care about the students and are very passiknate about what they do. Many opportunities for students to get involved and grow as a person. The academics are great and definitely challenge you. Overall a good school!
At Montoursville there are tons of options when it comes to clubs. A few examples would be FFA, Key Club, Thespian Society, Chorus, Band, Culture Club, Marksman's Club, Spanish Club, Film Appreciation, The Arrowhead (Student Newspaper), Yearbook, Academic Decathlon, Student Government, Theater Arts Club, S.A.D., Peer Helpers, National Honors Society, National Art Honor Society, National English Honor Society. The list goes on forever as you can see. Through my four years at Montoursville I have been in almost half of the clubs at one point or another and thoroughly enjoy them. Some of my best memories have been made while being in clubs like Key Club and on The Arrowhead staff. Great activities and advisors make the clubs what they are for me and my fellow students.