Montour High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A114 Students
- A+77 Students
- A-59 Students
- B-50 Students
- A+33 Students
- B31 Students
- B-27 Students
- A+26 Students
- A-24 Students
- C+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Montour High School
- BShaler Area High School
- Shaler Area School District, PA
- 206 reviews
- A-Keystone Oaks High School
- Keystone Oaks School District, PA
- 97 reviews
- B+West Allegheny Senior High School
- West Allegheny School District, PA
- 232 reviews
- A-South Park Senior High School
- South Park School District, PA
- 190 reviews
Montour High School Reviews
Review Montour High School
There's only like ten cops and they are all probably a little to old to actually do anything in the case of an emergency. They're also unarmed so they really can't do anything. However, the school is so big and has so many exits that if there was ever a shooting your chances of survival would be pretty high. Drug dogs come in about once every nine weeks (four times a year). They're a little too harsh on drugs honestly. One girl got a ten day suspension for having midol in her bag. But at the same time, a kid did OD in the bathroom my freshman year. He lived!
My school has a variety of teachers that ranges from ones that do not care for their students, to ones that deeply care and respect the students, which in return gets them respect. There is only a few teachers at my school who go above and beyond what they have to do to help their students. Most of the teachers just do the bare minimum, and don't truly care about how their students are doing, they just do the exact same thing each year. The grading is very inconsistent with specific teachers. Favoritism is very obvious at my school, which obviously only benefits those who are the favorites. Teachers grade differently depending on who the student is, which is very unfair. Overall, the majority of teachers at my school are beneficial to favorites, and very unbeneficial to those who are not favorited in their class.
At my high school, the type of teaching truly depends on the teacher. All of the teachers are different in their own way. They do share one common goal: to ensure that their students succeed. Most of the teachers get along with their students very well, as they share common interests. Some of the teachers don't get along with their students, as some are intolerable to nonsense. Either way, the type of teaching and attitude toward the students depends on the teacher.