Montour High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mc Kees Rocks, PA. It has 988 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Montour High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A190 Students
- A+124 Students
- A-100 Students
- B-96 Students
- B57 Students
- B-47 Students
- A+44 Students
- B-42 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Montour High School
- BShaler Area High School
- Shaler Area School District, PA
- 235 reviews
- BKeystone Oaks High School
- Keystone Oaks School District, PA
- 106 reviews
- B+West Allegheny Senior High School
- West Allegheny School District, PA
- 251 reviews
- B+South Park Senior High School
- South Park School District, PA
- 198 reviews
Montour High School Reviews
Montour High School always has its hands on the latest technology before any other district on the area. Whether it be every students' personalized Chromebooks or the two 3D printers stationed around the campus, there is always a new piece of machinery ready to better our education. However, it's not just the physical atmosphere that is ahead of its time. Montour's administrative board had very open minds when their very own Gay Straight Alliance club requested updated bathroom policies and training for their staff in regards to transgender rights. The faculty at this school go above and beyond to obtain what their students need to feel comfortable and well-equipped to learn something new everyday.
Good teachers. Every teacher I've had has been nice, informative. Science and math teachers are well educated and very nice people. Lots of extra circular activities and clubs are offered. Can be inclusive, however, a majority of students are very conservative and known to rip LGBT inclusive posters off the wall.
There's only like ten cops and they are all probably a little to old to actually do anything in the case of an emergency. They're also unarmed so they really can't do anything. However, the school is so big and has so many exits that if there was ever a shooting your chances of survival would be pretty high. Drug dogs come in about once every nine weeks (four times a year). They're a little too harsh on drugs honestly. One girl got a ten day suspension for having midol in her bag. But at the same time, a kid did OD in the bathroom my freshman year. He lived!