Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
Montini Catholic High School is a highly rated, private, Catholic school located in Lombard, IL. It has 645 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. Tuition is $11,820 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 99% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Montini Catholic High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-81 Students
- A-80 Students
- A+70 Students
- B+54 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+47 Students
- B44 Students
- A-44 Students
- A+44 Students
- A40 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Montini Catholic High School Reviews
It is not a high school for everyone. This is a very small, tight-knit Catholic high school. It has a strong sense of community and family-like atmosphere. Teachers are average. Academics are okay. There is severe bullying here. Football, wrestling and girls basketball programs are huge draws to this high school. Some teachers are good and much better than others. The academic atmosphere is not very stimulating and the tuition for what you are receiving is not worth it in my opinion. Lack of extra-curricular opportunities besides sports. Overall, I would not send your child here unless he is looking to play football in college!! The student life atmosphere in this small school is difficult to "fit in" and revolves around sports. The drug use is horrible, there is a lot of bullying, and there is obviously emphasis on sports over academics and other extra-curricular activities here in my opinion. I do not like the student life or academic atmosphere at all.
The academics, faculty, and sports teams are all top-notch. However, Montini is not without its fair share of shortcomings. Unlike many Catholic Schools, Montini lacks the family atmosphere that one would expect. The students are grouped into separate cliques which leads to an overall sense of school spirit that is heavily lacking. Many kids are also prone to act spoiled and mischievous for no apparent reason while at school. Nonetheless, it is a great place to learn in the classroom, compete on the athletic fields, and prepare for college—just don’t expect the student section to rival those of other CCL schools.’
I am currently a Junior attending Montini Catholic. Everyone always told me that you will never get the same experience that a public school has if you go to a private school. This is not true, I have had laughs and sad moments just like any other high school student. However, Montini is a small school which helps you grow individually and also helps to know your teachers very well. Overall Montini might have its ups and downs but it is a school you will never forget even if you are an athlete or even just a person who focuses on academics.