Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Monticello High School is a public school located in Monticello, AR. It has 536 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 33% in reading.
Monticello High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C201 Students
- B108 Students
- A-104 Students
- B101 Students
- B-78 Students
- C+78 Students
- B75 Students
- B-69 Students
- C+41 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Monticello High School Reviews
I always get asked what my experience is like attending Monticello High School. It's GREAT! The atmosphere is something I enjoy spending most of my time in, and it's hard for me to even consider changing such an outstanding place. The teachers connect with the students on personal levels and strive just as hard to make sure the students come out on top. Despite the school just recently underwent a difficult schedule layout change, they pushed through and showed that a schedule change was nothing new that they could not overcome. In every section whether it be academics or athletics, Monticello High School proves to shine above all other schools. It may seem like a small school to some, but when you get us billies goats together we sure cause a ruckus.
Monticello High school is a very nice and friendly school. There’s a variety of AP classes that you can take. Theres classes that help you prepare for college. For example, there’s medical classes, drafting and design, welding, human anatomy, and etc. There’s also many different sports you can play. For example, there’s tennis, golf, football, soccer, baseball, softball , and etc. Monticello high school also has a lot of clubs that you can do. For example, Spanish club, art club, beta club, chess club, quiz bowl, and etc. MHS also serves really good food; there’s 3 lunch lines and a fruit and salad bar.
Monticello High provides students countless opportunities to stay involved! Teachers, administrators, and faculty, all go above and beyond to make our proms, homecomings, and sport events fun for all!