Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Montgomery Jr/Sr High School is a public school located in Montgomery, PA. It has 380 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Montgomery Jr/Sr High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B43 Students
- A+28 Students
- C+27 Students
- C+23 Students
- B21 Students
- A17 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-10 Students
- C+10 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Montgomery Jr/Sr High School
- BHughesville Junior/Senior High School
- East Lycoming School District, PA
- 73 reviews
- B+Montoursville Area Senior High School
- Montoursville Area School District, PA
- 91 reviews
- A-Loyalsock Township Senior High School
- Loyalsock Township School District, PA
- 82 reviews
- BWarrior Run High School
- Warrior Run School District, PA
- 127 reviews
Montgomery Jr/Sr High School Reviews
Very good academics, most teachers are very personable, overall a pleasant place to be. Food is awful, so I always packed my lunch. Principal, superintendent, guidance counselors, and administration largely did more harm than good, as they were mostly very arrogant and only focused on their own agenda and personal glory. Had a chemistry teacher and entire classroom mock me for being hearing impaired, and the staff mentioned above treated me as though I deserved it. However, ignorant and negative people aside, I do still love my school and would send my own children there in the future.
My favorite part about Montgomery is what many people from a small town and school would agree on, that the size is very beneficial to the positive environment of the school. Montgomery is a small school and everyone knows each other or of each other. That fact makes Montgomery a more positive school as teachers and students build relationships that are beneficial to a class room setting and aids the administration and staff in helping kids with whatever problems their facing. The small size of the school also allows you to know who the troublemakers are in the school. That let's you dodge a negative path they may take you on.
A majority if the teachers at my school are good at their job. There's a few who aren't the best at their jobs. They're very last and seem to hate working with children. Then there are the fantastic teacher's. They go above and beyond with their job. They participate in clubs and sports. Their enthusiasm is infectious. The consistency in grading from teacher to teacher in the same subject field can vary. I understand that people will have different styles, but somehow I went from an 85 average writer in one English class, to a 94 average writer. When my writing is very similar to what it used to be. The teacher's show a great deal of interest in the students lives. They love to talk to the students about their lives, and what's troubling them. All in all my school is pretty great.