Montgomery County High School is an above average, public school located in Mount Sterling, KY. It has 1,385 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Montgomery County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-146 Students
- A-131 Students
- B114 Students
- A-60 Students
- B-55 Students
- B+50 Students
- B-45 Students
- A-31 Students
- B29 Students
- B+27 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Montgomery County High School
Montgomery County High School Reviews
I would like to see more drug control. The extra curricular activities are very good, I was on the dance team and it saves me from the heavy drug culture that was prominent at the school. There was a handful of teachers that were wonderful and invested in their students. They were supportive and friendly. Being in a small town, it made a being out of school difficult because everyone was on drugs.
In Montgomery County High School it is said that we focus on stem subjects, and in some cases we do but we need to focus on engineering a bit more having an uninterested teacher who barely teaches the class. In all other classes we have wonderful teachers who do an amazing job. Overall I would say that MCHS is very good but the engineering brings it down a bit.
Overall, I have really enjoyed my experience at Montgomery County High School. The courses I took were challenging, so of course, I hated the homework but I am very thankful for the opportunities provided to me. For anyone considering enrolling their kids at Montgomery County High School, I would say go for it. The academic choices are really great and the AB block schedualing makes High School easier.