Montevideo Senior High School is a public school located in Montevideo, MN. It has 485 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Montevideo Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+25 Students
- A+24 Students
- B+23 Students
- B+20 Students
- B+17 Students
- B14 Students
- B+13 Students
- A12 Students
- B-12 Students
- C+10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Montevideo Senior High School
Montevideo Senior High School Reviews
The class-sizes were small enough that the students could be involved in academics, arts and sports all at the same time. This made for a well-rounded student.
Going Montevideo Senior High School, I appreciated the extra effort teachers put in to helping students academically. For example, since I was a student athlete, I always had practice after school but the teachers would always work around our schedules and make time for us if we needed homework help or if we had to miss class and needed to make up a test or quiz. The learning environment is very healthy from what I experienced, meaning I hardly ever worried about asking questions in class due to what other students may think of me. In other words, the teacher and student environment gives off a positive atmosphere. The only issue I had with going to Montevideo Senior high was that there were only a few classes that a student could take for college credit.
I am a senior at Montevideo Senior High School. I moved here at the start of my freshman year. Everyone made me feel very welcome. The teachers are willing to help you do the best of your abilities and succeed. I have taken many upper level classes that I believe have helped to prepare me very well for college. I would like to see more duel-enrollment classes offered as well as more job-shadowing opportunities.