Monterey High School is an above average, public school located in Monterey, TN. It has 495 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 29% in reading.
Monterey High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+116 Students
- A-52 Students
- C+30 Students
- B27 Students
- A+26 Students
- C+25 Students
- B22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B-19 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Monterey High School Reviews
I loved being a Monterey Wildcat. It is a school where everyone knows one another. We are a small school, and there are limitations on what a student can learn. However, the student knows that the teachers at Monterey are very dependable and that if the student ever has any issues they can count on their teachers and counselor for help. I attended all four years of my high school experience at this school. As a freshman, I was quite shy, and as I joined more clubs in the school, I came more out of my shell. The teachers in charge of the club made sure each individual could have the opportunity to be involved. All the clubs the school offers help the students become closer to one another. Overall, I enjoyed my time at that high school. It was some of the best years of my life.
Seeing as the students of Monterey High School, as of last year, have relocated to a new building, not many bad things can be said concerning the institution. MHS has state-of-the-art technology: (four computer labs in total), fast-running Apple-brand desktops, four laptop carts with MacBooks and Chromebooks, and two full-size science labs with access to gas for burners. The janitorial staff does an impeccable job keeping the school clean, and, along with the cafeteria staff, they are friendly and sociable as well. MHS employs educators that are well suited for their jobs and most genuinely care about the students (the same can be said about other school administration). School pride is encouraged at Monterey High School and, like most schools, sports are a big deal as well.
Monterey High School may have a very limited choice in clubs, sports, and extracurricular activities, but it is small enough to feel personal. Every teacher has time to work with every student individually. The guidance counselor works day and night to do the same. Very positive atmosphere, very close environment.