Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Monterey High School is an above average, public school located in Monterey, TN. It has 528 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 19% of students are at least proficient in math and 21% in reading.
Monterey High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B131 Students
- A-55 Students
- C+36 Students
- C+29 Students
- B-27 Students
- A+27 Students
- B26 Students
- B-22 Students
- A-21 Students
- B17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Monterey High School Reviews
I moved to Monterey high school my sophomore year. There isn't a lot of negatives or a lot of positives. The teachers aren't bad but they could be better. One positive though, is that I feel like this school focuses on academics more than other activities such as sports or clubs. I think that is important because, when you look at the bigger picture, that's all that really matters. Overall, I think that Monterey High School is an average school.
I loved being a Monterey Wildcat. It is a school where everyone knows one another. We are a small school, and there are limitations on what a student can learn. However, the student knows that the teachers at Monterey are very dependable and that if the student ever has any issues they can count on their teachers and counselor for help. I attended all four years of my high school experience at this school. As a freshman, I was quite shy, and as I joined more clubs in the school, I came more out of my shell. The teachers in charge of the club made sure each individual could have the opportunity to be involved. All the clubs the school offers help the students become closer to one another. Overall, I enjoyed my time at that high school. It was some of the best years of my life.
I absolutely loved my high school! the overall experience was better than many schools in my experience. the teachers, look of the school and (most) students was great!